PDA

View Full Version : fishing apps

FTW
12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
What fishing apps do you use to track your fishing trips?

lethal
13-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Funny you put this up I was just talking with Wayno60 yesterday about it. I don't use one but my mate came along for a trip in February and he brought his ipad with Navionics gold. Had it on for the trip, was as accurate as my Humminbird 786 chart plotter. Larger screen, zoom in and out with the touch screen and he emailed me the track we did which opened up in google earth. He had an attachment for extra battery life and it lasted the 20 or so hours we were out for. Comparing the price of an ipad, waterproof skin and the app. well in front I reckon.
I only saw it the one trip he came out with me but am interested in others opinions.

thanks
Lee

lbger
13-05-2013, 11:58 AM
couldnt agree more.. the navionics app is dead accurate, cost a fraction of an sd card.. ive got a cigarette lighter socket in my boat and use an adapter to keep a charge in the ipad.. great gps

StoneNeedham
18-05-2013, 12:12 AM
The app 'Fishing Deluxe' is pretty cool. It has an almanac that tells you Major and Minor bite times as well as a GPS locater bit that allows you to log where you caught your fish. It is really good for estuary fishing. You can add photos and it is pretty fun. Another app 'FishFinder' allows you to Tag Fish. So when you get a fish you log the tag number and a photo and it logs the exact position you are at when you enter the details. This app is a bit more realisitc and quite usefull. Navionics is awesome i have it on my iPhone as well as my iPad. It is incredible. Another app Marine Zones South East QLD is great too and it alerts you when you are approaching or have entered a Green Zone. The best weather sites i have used are WillyWeather and Seabreeze as well as Weatherzone +.

Stone

StoneNeedham
18-05-2013, 12:15 AM
oh and one more. FishBrain - this one actually plots a route from the time you press - real time logging to when you return so you can see exactly where you have been. You can also log photos and record info such as weather conditions and photos and type of lure/bait used. I use a few function from each. What i need to do is adopt the best points from each and you could design the best fishing app ever!!

Ausfish
18-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I assume you have downloaded the Free Ausfish Fising Journal App :-)

iPhone version only at the moment but the Android version will be out soon.

More features being added soon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ausfish-fishing-journal-members/id638760226?mt=8

Fitzy
21-05-2013, 11:58 PM
I downloaded the navionics app & have seen it show the location up to 50m out. I wouldn't trust it to navigate. Wasted money

WalrusLike
22-05-2013, 07:41 AM
I downloaded the navionics app & have seen it show the location up to 50m out. I wouldn't trust it to navigate. Wasted money

I've regularly seen it at 5 mtrs or less. Maybe you had a bad day somehow? The fact that many of us have seen it very accurate means its certainly capable...

I can't guess why but if you had a bad sight of sky maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FishHunter
22-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Adding waypoints with the Navionics apps sucks piles it is usefull but nowhere near as functional as a proper GPS/sounder