PDA

View Full Version : Redland city council poised to steal 42 trailer bays!!!

netmaker
11-05-2013, 12:52 PM
hi all. well this is it. this wednesday at 10.30 am meeting council votes on the following proposals and their officers have recommended "sharing" 42 of our 76 trailer bays>:(>:(>:(. that is a staggering 55% of all trailer parking.

Options

1. Increase the current shared parking area to include locations 21 & 22 (area adjacent to the toilet block on both sides of the driveway) providing a shared parking area of 42 spaces permanently from 1.00pm to 10.00pm with consistent enforcement.

2. Retain the current shared parking (location 23) area of 12 spaces permanently with consistent enforcement.

3. Remove shared parking and return parking restrictions as prior to the shared parking trial with consistent enforcement.

Officer’s Recommendation

That Council resolve to increase the current shared parking area to include locations 21 & 22 (area adjacent to the toilet block on both sides of the driveway) providing a shared parking area of 42 spaces on a permanent basis from 1.00pm to 10.00pm with consistent enforcement.

and this is probably only a stepping stone for them to share the whole damn park.
now is the time to act. I cannot stress the importance of this meeting enough. please do everything you can to make this meeting or send someone in your place. please also consider sending an email to council with your opinion.

Redspeckle
11-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Am outrage by this tactics of Redlands council so they don't won't boating and fishing in there region so eventually they take all the boat trailer parks isn't there already enough single car parks at Wellington point reserve boat ramp area

Dave. If it was me I be getting on Nuggets fishing show tomorrow afternoon giving the public heads up on it
Mitch
Ps I be there on Wednesday morning be back from WA then

wayno60
11-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I wonder what they mean by "consistent enforcement"

It really does seem that they don't care to much for the boating community. How many other ramps are there in their jurisdiction??

netmaker
11-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Am outrage by this tactics of Redlands council so they don't won't boating and fishing in there region so eventually they take all the boat trailer parks isn't there already enough single car parks at Wellington point reserve boat ramp area

Dave. If it was me I be getting on Nuggets fishing show tomorrow afternoon giving the public heads up on it
Mitch

good stuff mitch and i have contacted 4bc so hope to get a call tomorrow.

netmaker
11-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I wonder what they mean by "consistent enforcement"

It really does seem that they don't care to much for the boating community. How many other ramps are there in their jurisdiction??

only 5 all access ramps from wello to redland bay and they are all a shambles excepting vmr at raby bay which is simply full with trailers on good days.

Darren Mc
11-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Is this weinam creek boat ramp? If it is this has got to be a joke hasn't it? Surely? If you don't get there by 7am at the latest on a good day you won't get a park as it is now. You should see the amount of ticket's that car's without trailers get there already. These bay island people abuse the trailers bays as it is now they will just abuse these new spots too. They must just pay the fines and keep parking there. They will just come home in the afternoon and park there until the next morning when they come back to the main land go to work or whatever they do during the day. Can you honestly see the council parking inspectors being out at 10pm and before the ferry comes the next morning. I doubt it...

These dam idiot's in this council need rooting with the rough end of a pineapple. These people who choose to live on the islands know dam well about the transport situation but they still choose to live there and enjoy the lifestyle and expect the rest of us to bend around them. Why should they be provided with a permanent parking spot?(which is what they expect) Most of the rest of us park our vehicles on our own properties overnight, I definitely don't expect a public spot to be provided to me to use permanently every night.

It' no surprise the meeting is on a Wednesday at 10.30am, so most of the majority of the working public(like me) can't attend.
Man i'm angry now...
Whom do I send my angry email to?

Darren Mc
11-05-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm surprised there has only been this many responses to this bulls#@t......

netmaker
12-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Is this weinam creek boat ramp? If it is this has got to be a joke hasn't it? Surely? If you don't get there by 7am at the latest on a good day you won't get a park as it is now. You should see the amount of ticket's that car's without trailers get there already. These bay island people abuse the trailers bays as it is now they will just abuse these new spots too. They must just pay the fines and keep parking there. They will just come home in the afternoon and park there until the next morning when they come back to the main land go to work or whatever they do during the day. Can you honestly see the council parking inspectors being out at 10pm and before the ferry comes the next morning. I doubt it...

These dam idiot's in this council need rooting with the rough end of a pineapple. These people who choose to live on the islands know dam well about the transport situation but they still choose to live there and enjoy the lifestyle and expect the rest of us to bend around them. Why should they be provided with a permanent parking spot?(which is what they expect) Most of the rest of us park our vehicles on our own properties overnight, I definitely don't expect a public spot to be provided to me to use permanently every night.

It' no surprise the meeting is on a Wednesday at 10.30am, so most of the majority of the working public(like me) can't attend.
Man i'm angry now...
Whom do I send my angry email too?

no, this is at wellington point but it is the same crap council. whatever they get away with in one part of the city will spread to the rest like a cancer, it's simply a matter of time. complaints can be directed to: rcc@redland.qld.gov.au

if you haven't, you could also consider joining ramp it up here: www.rampitup.net.au (http://www.rampitup.net.au)

(https://bay166.mail.live.com/mail/#)

netmaker
12-05-2013, 01:46 AM
I'm surprised there has only been this many responses to this bulls#@t......

apathy is the lobby groups worst enemy and the bureaucrats best mate... as I have stated from day 1, this affects me very little as 99% of my boating is mid week and early morning weekends but that does not mean that I am not outraged at council denying those boaties that work weekend mornings their bit of fun.

fisho8
12-05-2013, 08:08 AM
They just do not get it what a joke I don't use the ramp but I am outraged the council could even consider this especially in a boating community they are out of control down there that is for sure.

wayno60
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Like why are they doing this?

Is there another lobby group who cant find anywhere to park their cars down there on the weekend because of all the boat trailers taking all the good spots??

So its gone from us boaties wanting something done about cars in trailer spots to taking spots of us....I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its backfired hasn't it...

the whole situation sux.

Blackened
12-05-2013, 09:00 AM
G'day

Then wont it come to cars with trailers parking across bays with cars in them, parking them in?

Dave

Jarrah Jack
12-05-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm wondering if Netty's campaign has highlighted the problem and actually caused this to happen? Boaters are always in the minority and lose out in most cases.

This is nothing against Netty's wonderful work but things can have unintended consequences.

pachedu
12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Wellington point boat ramp is unprotected from the wind and as such it is a nightmare if you have to hold your boat at the ramp for any period of time whilst waiting for its trailer or to get the vehicle.
There are no facilities or pontoons where the boats can be moored and you as a boat owner who pays fees and rates are left to sustain damage and safety risks to your property so that picnicers can park closer and don't have to walk any distance. The people out for a picnic have many options and sites that they can use we boat people have very few. To redirect the boat traffic to an already congested Cleveland boat ramp is ridiculous. Why not direct the picnic people to one of the less utilised parks.
It must be realised that the time between launching and moving out of the ramp zone and between landing and getting the boat out the water is the high risk period for safety and damage.
Reckon the council only see this as a perception around lazy boat owners and not around the practical risks and problems about getting the boats in and out of the water without damage or danger. There also seems to be a perception that we only go out in the morning without the realisation of the number of people who are night fishing or driven by tides.

netmaker
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Like why are they doing this?

Is there another lobby group who cant find anywhere to park their cars down there on the weekend because of all the boat trailers taking all the good spots??

So its gone from us boaties wanting something done about cars in trailer spots to taking spots of us....I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its backfired hasn't it...

the whole situation sux.

no, I disagree. this has not come about as a result of standing up and making noise. ramp it up was formed AFTER council voted for their 3 month trial of taking bays away from us. what we are seeing now is simply the evolution of councils initial plan. it was obvious from the get go that 12 bays are a drop in the ocean when it comes to the number of pignickers looking for parks. standing by and doing nothing was not and is not an option. why make it easier for them than it already appears to be?

tunaticer
12-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Run for council Dave, seriously, run for council.

netmaker
12-05-2013, 10:34 AM
other developments: I have filed a complaint with the qld ombudsman over the way the trial was measured and the fact that we were denied the information as to how it was to be measured despite repeated requests. councils ceo is yet to address this complaint before I can re-submit to the ombudsman.
in addition, a directive from council to the qld police service instructing them to butt out of wellington point may yet prompt a complaint to the cmc.

netmaker
12-05-2013, 10:45 AM

Mitch

keep an ear out for me venting my spleen on daves show tonight.

chris69
12-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi Dave hopefully this could be a good wakeup call for all councils to do better planning for boat ramps with huge increase in boating over the last decade with the overwhemling development on the east coast,and as i see it the rec fees that the state collects with the rego's you would think the some could be redirected to increase boat and trailer parks.

Keep up the dog fight as the noiseyest wheel gets the most oil they say,cheers chris.

daveo17
12-05-2013, 11:11 AM
anybody know what all the construction down there is about? iam guessing its got nothing to do with boating. thanks for all your hot air at the bbq redlands council members..very disappointing results

Darren Mc
12-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree netmaker, it's only a matter of time before they try this crap on at more ramps in the Redlands. Don't we pay for car parking etc as part of our boat and trailer registration? I cant see us getting a discount if we cant get a trailer park because of these stupid share parking idea's.
I will send an email even though I don't use wello point ramp. I'm worried about what the future holds for boaties. It seems we're being attacked more and more these days. When is it going to stop?

Darren Mc
12-05-2013, 11:24 AM
What time is the show on the radio tonight netmaker?

netmaker
12-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Run for council Dave, seriously, run for council.

hahaha. hell no jack. had that suggested a few times now but it would eat into my fishing time and I would need to become a much bigger ####### than I am now and then I would have to deal with people like... me.

netmaker
12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
anybody know what all the construction down there is about? iam guessing its got nothing to do with boating. thanks for all your hot air at the bbq redlands council members..very disappointing results

don't know about the construction? will say tho that 3 of the 4 councillors present at the bbq will be voting against this motion (or so they have told me anyway::))

netmaker
12-05-2013, 11:36 AM
What time is the show on the radio tonight netmaker?

hey Darren. I caught dave away from his pc but have been told they will fit me in tonight - maybe around 7.30. show starts at 6 I think.

pachedu
12-05-2013, 12:02 PM
I notice that Mar Robinson has come in with support on this for us as well. Sent an email to Redlands council 'wendy.boglary@redland.qld.gov.au' who seems to be at the head of this and also Karen Williams. I have targeted the danger to boats and boat handlers of having them in the launch zone for long periods if there are delays in getting trailers recovered and parked rather that it being seen as boats versus picnics.
"
Dear Council,

There is a lot of upset in regard to theproposal for parking at Wello boat ramp.

I feel the real issue for me is around thesafety of getting boats in and out of the water in this unprotectedenvironment. I often fish alone or with my child and without landing pontoonsit is really risky to have to leave the boat in the water for any time as thereis no safe holding zone and the ramps are unprotected from wind and often congesteddue to delays in getting boats in and out of the water.

It also is a big problem for us if youhave travelled a long way and the parking is full as you then have to decide if

· youput yourselves and others at risk by parking in Main street.

· Go home and waste the day

· ortry and find another ramp somewhere which is better managed.

For day trippers it is easy drop off yourkit and park down the road and take a stroll or go to another one of many spotsaround the area. These people are not limited by where they can picnic, weBoaties don’t have the same options.

Please consider this at your meeting asthis is more around safety to your rate paying residents and their property than slight discomfort to day trippers whomare often from outside the area.

rayken1938
12-05-2013, 02:05 PM
And to go a bit furthur to make eveyone happy ( Except the greenies) why not get the State gov to release the purse strings build a groyne to protect the area reclaim land to provide parking for trailers and build a new multi lane ramp and then the whole existing area could be utilized by the day trippers.
Win win for everyone.
Cheers
Ray

Horse
12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
I think Ray may be getting close to a solution. As the number of boats accessing the bay increases then so will the need for safe access points for the boaties. I can't see the existing infrastructure at Wello being able to handle future use so its time for the Redlands to start looking at alternative sites to build a new boat launching facility. Until they do this it MUST be hands off the existing parking areas

netmaker
12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
hey Darren. I caught dave away from his pc but have been told they will fit me in tonight - maybe around 7.30. show starts at 6 I think.

just had confirmation. 6.45pm.

MrNanks
12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Typical action from the Redland Councillors. Karen Williams got voted in and then has had closed door meetings and got a biomass plant approved. If she declared that getting a biomass plant approved , boat ramp changes etc as her policies before the elections , we have a chance to vote for or against. Not now. I will be at least sending emails but I will try to get there. It won't be the first time that I have stood up against them and I would say it wont be the last.

netmaker
13-05-2013, 02:29 PM
this just in from paul gleeson. anybody wishing to address the council needs to complete an online form at their website and submit before 4.30pm today.

rayken1938
15-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Much better outcome than I anticipated. Very good speeches made and got the council to change their mind.
Thanks Dave.
Cheers
Ray