PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to weld & install sounder

rexwatto
10-05-2013, 09:13 AM
G'day Ausfisho's,
I bought by now deceased grandfather's tinnie from my grandmother at the start of the year. It's 3.7 quintrex, no paint.

My grandfather was a great fisherman - I'll never be as good as he was, and he was old school (never used a sounder or a gps (even at sea), but 99 times out of 100 would fill his esky. Truly remarkable.

However, his gift was certainly not genetic - I struggle to find the fish.

As I'm new to Brissy, it would be good to have a sounder so I can find holes, structure etc. Consequently, I want to install a sounder on my tinnie, along with a bracket at the rear to hold the battery. I've already purchased the sounder, but I have no idea how to install it, and I can't weld to save my life.

Consequently, I'm looking for someone in the Brisbane area who has great experience in sounder installations and welding - as my tinnie has so much sentimental value for me, I am chasing someone who can run a nice weld.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions/experiences that anyone has? I've searched the forum and can see that JD Marine and Devine Engineering have been mentioned. I've also found this mob on the net, but have no idea what they're like?

http://galileemarinewelding.com.au/

I live in Carina, so anywhere within 30-45 minutes would be preferred.

Thanks guys ;D

Rexwatto

rexwatto
10-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Sorry - forgot to add: Always happy to pay cash!!!!

madmackrel
10-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Rexy give me a call mate I'm at Alexandra hills 0422880886

Shark Poker
10-05-2013, 09:53 PM
I can take care of that for you. Am located at Tingalpa/Wakerley
My first alum boat was my Grandfathers also.
PM or phone on 0409 530097.
Pauly

Blindfreddy
11-05-2013, 09:35 AM
What are you like at welding alloy chairs Mr Mackrel?

madmackrel
11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
What happened mods? Blind freddy what's up with your chair?

rexwatto
12-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks a lot for the response fellas - will sort so something out early this week.

Rexwatto

Blindfreddy
16-05-2013, 04:35 PM
What happened mods? Blind freddy what's up with your chair?

It's broken. A weld has cracked making the chair inoperable. Just can't buy that particular chair and it's part of a set.

I'll be in touch Mr Mackrel.