PDA

View Full Version : Awning idea. input ?

Lucky_Phill
04-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Thinking of adding an awning to the back of the targa on ReBait.

Something like a retractable thing that can be supported by 2 poles / posts at the baitboard.

I will attempt to do a drawing and post it up.

Anyone have a rectractable awning on their boat ?

LP

Gon Fishun
04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
And maybe some bamboo blinds, chiminea in the eastern corner, bevel edged terracotta tiles, a palm tree or two, a bar, karoke. Hmm Rebaiting Boogey. ::) 8-)

Horse
04-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Phill, did that run in the centre console scar you so badly now you need to enclose it completely. Are 360o clears the next addition along with climate control air con

Muddy Toes
04-05-2013, 09:35 PM
The only bit of useful advice I could possibly offer is to make sure it's built to at least a C2 wind rating because you fish North of Bundaberg sometimes.

lucee81
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
The only bit of useful advice I could possibly offer is to make sure it's built to at least a C2 wind rating because you fish North of Bundaberg sometimes.
Because in a cyclone that's his biggest worry?

Lucky_Phill
04-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Reason for awning, is some " sookie - la -la " crew member made a suggestion that the UV may affect his skin tone and his modelling career will be affected.

It is not that bad an idea, seeing as I got soaked last time it rained over-night and I was hunched up on the bean bag in the cockpit, rather than in the cabin with said, deckie.

LP

Mr__Bean
05-05-2013, 03:34 AM
Rear poles are a pain when you get a fish on.

I have seen some that are fully supported off the hardtop, is that an option?

Darren

lucee81
05-05-2013, 05:33 AM
Reason for awning, is some " sookie - la -la " crew member made a suggestion that the UV may affect his skin tone and his modelling career will be affected.

It is not that bad an idea, seeing as I got soaked last time it rained over-night and I was hunched up on the bean bag in the cockpit, rather than in the cabin with said, deckie.

LP

Time for new deckies?

Lucky_Phill
05-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Rear poles are a pain when you get a fish on.

I have seen some that are fully supported off the hardtop, is that an option?

Darren

Darren, that is a good option, but it still needs to be retractable.

cheers

dec0guy
05-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Maybe you can make of these fit
http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-touring-camping-accessories/awnings/

Here is one in the US and maybe you could fabricate something similar here
http://sureshade.com/manual-tele-frame#.UYWJf8saySM

Chimo
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Phill

Have a look at these; http://www.retractabletarps.com.au/Products/Pull-Out_Tarp_System.aspx

They build to order and with a rigid member fitted to the extended end of the cover (pull tube , see schematic) it would be easy enough to attach the end to a couple of suitably bent and formed uprights mounted to the rear outside corners of the bait board on Rebait.

Cheers
Chimo

kaypee
05-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Phil,

Do you mean like the cruisecrafts??

That exactly what I'm doing with mine now. Going to a mates place tonight to get some pics of his outsider targa with the retractable awning and get Greens Marine down your way to make it up that way I can just weld it on when they send it up.... or when one of the swains travellers brings it up for me ;D;D;D

I think they are trick!! if they work properly... anyone have opinions on those??