PDA

View Full Version : chicken frames

39NESP
04-05-2013, 04:46 PM
hi all
does anybody know where i can get chicken frames around donnybrook the chicken farm on bribi rd has closen need bait
cheers snap

kingcray
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
your local butcher , woolies , coles.. i buy the necks for about 3 bucks / kg from woolies the crabs love em

sandbankmagnet
04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Lenards will generally sell them over the counter for 20 or 30 cents each.

Nicko_Cairns
04-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Funny, we were sitting down the east coast of cape york after having a great reds session, and we were snacking on cold cooked chicken wings, as we were throwing the bones in the water a few big spanish mackerel were smashing them under the boat, they loved them. We already had some macks on board and a heap of reds so we just fed them and left.

Makes me wonder though if a chicken drum or similar under a float would work..can't see why not, or a few chicken necks stringed together, or a chicken frame on ganged hooks, stuff it I'll give it a try next session and report back.

netmaker
04-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Funny, we were sitting down the east coast of cape york after having a great reds session, and we were snacking on cold cooked chicken wings, as we were throwing the bones in the water a few big spanish mackerel were smashing them under the boat, they loved them. We already had some macks on board and a heap of reds so we just fed them and left.

Makes me wonder though if a chicken drum or similar under a float would work..can't see why not, or a few chicken necks stringed together, or a chicken frame on ganged hooks, stuff it I'll give it a try next session and report back.

cmon mate. didn't you know vets have proved that cooked chicken bones are bad for spanish macs? you should be eating your chicken raw;);D

Moonlighter
04-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Quite a few years ago, I went on a Swains charter.

One night the cook made devilled chicken legs for dinner and the next day we had some leftovers, later that afternoon the ship was anchored up behind the reef and the chef tossed the rest of the leftover chicken legs overboard.

Later that night a few of us were fishing off the back deck and one of he blokes caught a 10kg red. When we dropped it on the deck,it spewed up one of them devilled chicken legs!

So someone grabbed the chicken leg, hooked it on, dropped it over, and promptly caught another nice red.

True story!

Nicko_Cairns
04-05-2013, 09:47 PM
dunno if i'll bother devilling them but I might try a chicken leg/neck whatever in red country and report back.. chicken necks are easier to get than livies..

another funny yet true story, a mate went fishing and accidentally grabbed a marinated steak (raw) rather than his bait as it was super early I guess lol, anyway he floated that under a balloon and caught a mack on it, shark mack from memory but still that's a win..

Quite a few years ago, I went on a Swains charter.

One night the cook made devilled chicken legs for dinner and the next day we had some leftovers, later that afternoon the ship was anchored up behind the reef and the chef tossed the rest of the leftover chicken legs overboard.

Later that night a few of us were fishing off the back deck and one of he blokes caught a 10kg red. When we dropped it on the deck,it spewed up one of them devilled chicken legs!

So someone grabbed the chicken leg, hooked it on, dropped it over, and promptly caught another nice red.

True story!