PDA

View Full Version : I desperately need.....

ShaneC
01-05-2013, 04:43 PM
......To borrow a largeish portable tank. I'm trying to isolate a fuel problem in my boat thats recurring, so in order to try and strike a couple of possibilities off my ever expanding list, I need a portable tank.

I have a couple of tote tanks, but what I really need is something that's 70-100 litres so I can be thorough in my process of elimination. I will probably need it for a couple of weeks, obviously I will pick it up and drop it off, and as payment for the lenders generosity I will either,

- Furnish them with a carton of their favourite beer
- Take them out for a day on my cat
Or
- Sort them out with some cash.

If anyone has one laying around that they're not using in the short term, any help would be great. I'm in Redcliffe so would prefer somewhere at least northside but I am flexible.

Cheers all,

Shane

JulianDeMarchi
02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I have a 45 litre tank you can borrow, bout I'm down Logan way mate.

myusernam
02-05-2013, 07:55 AM
im nowhere near to help you but thought maybe you could use a tote and a jiggle syphon and syphon form a jerry into the tote as you are going if that's what you're after?..

Tickleish
02-05-2013, 09:08 AM
I've got a alloy tank out of a 40ft trawler. No fittings but should be easy to rig up.

I think its about 250 Litres, it would sit flat on your deck.

You can have it as long as you want.

Spiderpig
02-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I used a 44 gallon drum that previously had unleaded in it when I was playing with my fuel system. I would have thought you would be able to pick one up for nearly nothing.

murf
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
so still an intermittent problem on the starboard side? :(

so swap fuel lines from one side to the other to prove the tank is the problem? a cost of some fuel line but probably something worth thinking about with a Tee piece for back up so you can run both motors if needed when 100km from port

cheers Murf

ShaneC
03-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks gents. I've decided at this stage to rig it up as murf suggested to see if I can make the other motor play up. I am kind of hoping its a fuel pump that's buggered or I am back to the drawing board ripping my hair out trying to figure it out.....