PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki twin trim selector

Spiderpig
30-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I have twin Suzuki df140’s on my KC. When the trim switch is in the “both” position the motors trim up together. However, when I go to trim them down they trim independently.

It’s not the end of the world and I have lived with it for some time.

Does anyone have a solution or a schematic/wiring diagram for how the trim switch is wired? (the one or two motor selector switch) I haven’t even attempted to fix it yet, but keep thinking about it (at work) and thought I would ask.

dunny
01-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Call a Suzuki mechanic it would no doubt be a simple fix. I have twin 115s and when in the both position my starboard motor has stopped trimming down manually with the motor switch but fine at the helm. I suspect it would be easy to fix mine but its not annoying me yet.

Finnatical
01-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Dunny, yours will be a failure in the switch at the motor - normally just a wire has corroded and broken which is a common problem. It is a simple matter of buying a new switch and installing it. Very easy job and only takes a couple of minutes.

Spiderpig, I would suggest you have a switch issue in the control box. Haven't had that problem myself so can only suggest pulling the cover off the control box and seeing if it is something easy to fix and possibly might just be a new switch is all that is needed.