PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Highway - Maryborough to Rocky

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Gents

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone has travelled the bruce between maryborough and rocky over the last week or so and if they have what are the roadworks like???

I'm towing my big boat up that way in a couple weeks and am just trying to work out whether i will travel during the day or night to avoid the stop start of roadworks..... if in fact it is actually that bad (am hearing conflicting stories)

Thanks in advance

Jared

ozynorts
30-04-2013, 07:14 AM
I did Miriam Vale to Rocky on the weekend and we got lucky as they weren't working. There is still a section between MV and Bororen that will be stop and start. The works at Benaraby may be stop and start as they are close to finishing there. The Calliope intersection is still a mess and will be for some time yet. The road at Mt Larcom seemed to be ok and the only other section is right at the big roundabout at the entrance to Rocky as they are building a new bridge there.
I know that there are new roadworks at Maryborough but haven't been down that way to know what they are like.
Cheers
Ozy

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Cool thanks for that Ozy.... i'm guessing your response to this may be "not sure" but do you know if their working around the clock????... i.e. maybe if i travelled at night during the week i would get a run similar to what you had.

thanks again mate

JCVDBloodSport
30-04-2013, 07:53 AM
They are starting with night works Tonight on various sections so i guess roundv the clock.

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Haha what good timing i have... thanks mate

Peter4
30-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Did Maryborough to Gin Gin the weekend before last.

You can expect roadwork delays just before Childers and again just before Gin Gin and then again just past Gin Gin...

Also lots of big potholes...road is in very ordinary condition.:(

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 08:35 AM
nice... thanks Peter

did you travel during the day or night???

marto78
30-04-2013, 08:49 AM
We did Bris to Miriamvale last weekend and from Childers north is very ordinary with heaps of roadworks. We had a good run up on the Friday night but coming back Monday afternoon there was a lot of stop starting. The most frustrating thing with all the roadworks is that they have 100km/hr on all the bad pot holed sections of road and then you get to the new bits of smooth road and they drop the speed limit back to 80 or 60. There are so many different speed limit signs on that stretch of road we weren't always sure what speed we were meant to be doing at any given time and just drove to the conditions most of the time.

wags on the water
30-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Coming back to Bris from 1770 the other week had us detoured through Maryborough instead of crossing the new bridge. Day or night the roadworks are there from Tiaro to northside of Maryborough....and whatever is north of that.

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks heaps for the replies fellas.....

could be worse i guess, the road could not be open at all..haha

Cheers

Jared

astro66
30-04-2013, 12:01 PM
yep the hyways in pretty crap condition...last tuesday i did maroochydore to moranbah and back left 2am tuesday home 6am wednsday ...usually takes around 5 1/2 hours to rocky and it took 6 1/2 and that was a good run leaving at 2am ....doh....allow an extra hour....just watch some of the line markings at the detours around roadworks are friggn vauge and hard to work out were you are spose to be at night...
Heading back up tomorrow.....weeeeeeeeeee :P

Peter4
30-04-2013, 12:07 PM
nice... thanks Peter

did you travel during the day or night???

Early morning, mate...

J2DAG83
30-04-2013, 12:17 PM
thanks again fellas

jtpython
30-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I d be leaving around 3 am I done rocky to sunny coast couple weeks ago and best time for travel is early morning .
U off to yeppoon way fishing ?

hellfish
30-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Yep early morning is the time to get through there befor they start up for the day. I did gold coast to mackay a few weeks ago and got road works galore through that section. Took 16hrs there. Only got stoped once on way home (was on a sunday) took 12hrs. Hey astro66 did you say u do Maroochydore to Moranbah in 5 and a half hours:o:o where u buy your fuel from? My old pajero needs some of that.

hellfish
30-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Just read it again. Maroochy to Rocky in 5 1/2 hrs. Thats more sensible.

J2DAG83
01-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah have decided to leave maryborough around 2.30 in the morning....

Jpython.... i'm heading up to stanage for a couple of weeks mate.

thanks yet again fellas... this site can be brilliant for gathering useful information like this.

Jared

roz
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I use that stretch of highway when travelling up to Agnes (turn off the Bruce south of Bundy), there have been some upgrades but for a national highway the standard is not high, I also tow my boat so I share your concern, I think it boils down to driving to the conditions, better safe than sorry.
Take your time.
Cheers Roz :)