PDA

View Full Version : Nice Bream...good sign for Winter Maroochy River

gruntahunta
26-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Just thought I,d let the Sunny Coast fishers know that I got a few 30cm Bream on Wednesday(during the day just before full tide) in the Maroochy River. Also got an 80cm Flathead, released unharmed, a 45 cm Flattly and even a Moses Perch and a couple of small squire (undersized) on a little spot I have stumbled upon.

All caught on live herring, not one bite on freshly filleted mullet just caught in cast net.

Just on the river mullet, I decided to scale and gut one and give it a try for breakfast next morning.....wow was I surprised.....it was beautiful, never cooked them whole before Like Bream, it is the way to go....taste so much better than Flathead but not as good as Bream but still very very nice, must be the freshness. It wasn't a big fish so this prob helped as well.

Anyway some nice Bream showing up in the middle of the day is very encouraging after the dismal whiting season we have just had.

Cheers Pete

astro66
26-04-2013, 09:02 AM
yeah mullet is really nice fresh...like tailor it doesnt like fridge or frezzer time :P
Weve been getting tailor between 60 and 15cm ....bream to 30cm (grunters have gone...were getting them to 50cm) ..flathead 30 to 60cm and heaps of them and they have been coming up and smashing pillys no sinker mid tide when its running fast ....