PDA

View Full Version : cracked myself up so had to share...

netmaker
25-04-2013, 05:32 PM
i know this should have been tagged on wello pt thread but a lot of people ignore stuff after a while so here it is. just my email to all of our local councillors and the local paper regarding parking at the point today. i send them things like this every time it happens (10 so far this year now::))

good afternoon councillors/staff

well Anzac day at wello pt was like any other fine weather weekend/public holiday. boating forecast was perfect conditions all day but several boats declined to launch as the usual scenario played itself out. I have taken video footage again but I don't want to bore you. suffice to say there were cars parked in rigging bays, on the northern ramp and on median strips everywhere. I personally chased 4 cars out of the rigging area. I hope I don't end up getting assaulted doing this as I will be seeing you in court for failing to provide a safe environment. I may also need to seek back pay for doing the job that your officers are not... the accompanying photo is of my new favourite parking spot, just opposite the restaurant and utilising 3 car bays which is entirely legal. I will also be encouraging my boating mates to adopt this practice, and geez I seem to have made quite a few over the last 9 months. today was another good day for signing up ramp it up members.

kind regards

dave

Andy H
25-04-2013, 05:38 PM
That's cool :)

rosco1974
25-04-2013, 05:39 PM
lol,did you get any fish dave

netmaker
25-04-2013, 05:42 PM
should have added this too. geez it gets funny down there sometimes. had a conversation with a bloke i chased out of the trailer bays that went like this:

other bloke: "what about that 4wd with a trailer parked across 3 car bays?"
me: oh, you mean mine?
other bloke: "well, why have you parked there?"
me: cos people like you park in all the trailer bays and what i have done is legal.
other bloke: "bullshit".
me: no, check your laws. what i have done is legal. do you think i would have called the cops down here if i was going to get a ticket too?

all in all it was a good day. i was only called an arsehole once...

Funchy
25-04-2013, 05:52 PM
should have added this too. geez it gets funny down there sometimes. had a conversation with a bloke i chased out of the trailer bays that went like this:

me: cos people like you park in all the trailer bays and what i have done is legal.
me: no, check your laws. what i have done is legal. do you think i would have called the cops down here if i was going to get a ticket too?

Love ya work Dave, I know what you are doing is in all seriousness but geeez you make me laff doing it!!!!!!! Cheers mate

caravellerob
25-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Am I missing something here, I have personally seen mr police officer putting a ticket on a windscreen at Mackay harbour for parking the same way!!!! He had already done a heap of others for the same thing.

Nicko_Cairns
25-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I had a guy in a ute parked in the rigging lane, told me there was plenty of room (basically f*ck off) as he was throwing a castnet, there wasn't plenty of room (Half Moon Ck, Bluewater for the Cairns folk), so I thought stuff it, there's definitely some bilge water in the boat from recent rain (boat used to stay in the open), so I just said to my wife fairly loudly, well I hope the auto bilge doesn't come on and fill his ute up with saltwater then started lining my boat up, it worked! Plenty of times though they ignored me including another bloke in a ute at the same friggin spot, should have though about the bilge idea.

netmaker
25-04-2013, 06:15 PM
lol,did you get any fish dave

true to form i landed a grinner rosco. fishing wasn't a big part of the plan. i did take a bucket of prawns out and peeled them in the shallows at ormiston whilst i had 1 floater line with a prawn on it. also did a bit of net mending work and some slow trolling on the electric over a few coldies. i was just trying to kill some time so that i would be back in at the appropriate time;D

netmaker
25-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Am I missing something here, I have personally seen mr police officer putting a ticket on a windscreen at Mackay harbour for parking the same way!!!! He had already done a heap of others for the same thing.

quite possibly mr plod was ignorant of the law? qld state laws advise that vehicles that cannot fit into regular bays are permitted to park across as few bays as required. i have this from the transport operations road user management legislation (torum). i have also had redland city council confirm it for me. it is on my pc downstairs. after i finish cooking the sweetlip fillets phill dropped in, i will post it up for all to see - and i hope take advantage of.

lucee81
25-04-2013, 06:24 PM

Only once well Dave let me add to that you #######.

Triple
25-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Haha saw it this morning with the kids and when I saw the ausfish sticker I knew it would be posted on here somewhere ;D when I did the rounds at 9.30ish I was pleased to see every trailer park full ( yes full, every trailer spot filled with a trailer) with trailers only (cops were having coffee and a chat with friends at the swim area on the other side) but unpleased to see bout 10 trailers still have to park up the hill ( and net makers spot) due not being enough trailer parks to begin with.. How many people with boats/skis turned around and left due to being no spots left?

caravellerob
25-04-2013, 06:57 PM
no probs, wasn't having a go just curious as the way you are parked is a common occurence down at the Mackay harbour, we have been given an overflow park that you need to take a cut lunch to walk to so most guys double,triple quadruple park depending on how big their boat trailer is. As a side note I had the pleasure of having my R/H guard run into last weekend, no note, nothing, put a gouge in my guard and bent it down towards the wheel, I hope I see the vehicle/trailer with blue paint and damage as I will be leaving a nice note for them!!!!

netmaker
25-04-2013, 07:31 PM
TRANSPORT OPERATIONS ROAD USER MANAGEMENT 2009

Division 10 Other parking related rules

211 Parking in parking bays

(1) This section applies to a driver who parks on a length of road,

or in an area, that has parking bays (whether or not a park in

bays only sign applies to the length of road or area).

(2) The driver must position the driver’s vehicle completely

within a single parking bay, unless the vehicle is too wide or

long to fit completely within the bay.

Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.

(3) If the vehicle is too wide or long to fit completely within a

single parking bay, the driver must park the driver’s vehicle

within the minimum number of parking bays needed to park

the vehicle.

Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.

netmaker
25-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Haha saw it this morning with the kids and when I saw the ausfish sticker I knew it would be posted on here somewhere ;D when I did the rounds at 9.30ish I was pleased to see every trailer park full ( yes full, every trailer spot filled with a trailer) with trailers only (cops were having coffee and a chat with friends at the swim area on the other side) but unpleased to see bout 10 trailers still have to park up the hill ( and net makers spot) due not being enough trailer parks to begin with.. How many people with boats/skis turned around and left due to being no spots left?

the difference between 9.30 and 11.30 beggars belief.

FishHunter
25-04-2013, 07:40 PM

I like your work :)

Giveitacrack
25-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Love your passion Dave.I might park across three bays as well next time.If only the RSC were like GCC at the Grand ramp down at Labrador.I think you should change your Ausfish name to "The Sheriff"

RayLamp
25-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I have to admit I had a chuckle when I saw the shadow of you taking the pic in the photo!

A question about parking over more than one bay - would the legal eagles argue the point that the trailer isn't part of your car, therefore your car isn't too long or wide to fit in one bay?

I think what you did is quite cool as it can highlight the stupidity of some councils and parking per se. I often wonder if when gutting your fish, could you collect all the guts and shove them under the wheel arches or fresh air intakes for the cars without trailers parked in trailer bays. Its all left in the sun for a few hours - they're parked there for a few hours - it gets pretty rank. But they don't immediately realise it until on the drive home, the smell gets them...

WalrusLike
26-04-2013, 07:17 AM
Great stuff Dave. Love your work.

There is a big area south.... Is that ever gonna be used? Even just as overflow?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

netmaker
26-04-2013, 07:23 AM
I have to admit I had a chuckle when I saw the shadow of you taking the pic in the photo!

A question about parking over more than one bay - would the legal eagles argue the point that the trailer isn't part of your car, therefore your car isn't too long or wide to fit in one bay?

I think what you did is quite cool as it can highlight the stupidity of some councils and parking per se. I often wonder if when gutting your fish, could you collect all the guts and shove them under the wheel arches or fresh air intakes for the cars without trailers parked in trailer bays. Its all left in the sun for a few hours - they're parked there for a few hours - it gets pretty rank. But they don't immediately realise it until on the drive home, the smell gets them...

no problems with legal eagles. I have done my research and have had meetings with council parking staff who confirmed it was ok.

netmaker
26-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Great stuff Dave. Love your work.

There is a big area south.... Is that ever gonna be used? Even just as overflow?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

no chance. already been proposed but council intend on keeping that area for pignickers...

Peter4
26-04-2013, 11:13 AM
I came in around 10.30am and saw:

One boat that had stripped its gears and couldn't get back onto its trailer.
A bloke wading in waist deep water at the ramp trying to find his dropped car keys. Boat was on the 'beach'.
Four cars parked in the rigging area.
A car & boat trailer parked in the rigging area.
At least 10 cars parked in car & boat trailer bays.
I counted 10 car & boat trailers parked in Main Street up to 1km from the ramp.

The world is full of selfish friggin idiots...

Keep up the great work Dave.

Cheers

Pete

netmaker
26-04-2013, 04:16 PM
and some good news: my source at council (deep throat;)) told me a new parking officer position was created today. am thinking of applying::);D
now if we can only get them to work

cobiaman
26-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Use ausfish as your reference, you would be a shoe in...

LittleSkipper
26-04-2013, 04:39 PM
What can I say? Nice work Dave! It's ashame this kind of problem is almost at ALL BOAT RAMPS including my local here on the Northside at DeepWater Bend.

netmaker
26-04-2013, 05:05 PM
What can I say? Nice work Dave! It's ashame this kind of problem is almost at ALL BOAT RAMPS including my local here on the Northside at DeepWater Bend.

if you haven't joined ramp it up yet, please do. we have members from tassy to cairns to w.a. now. it's free. it is only with numbers that we have a chance at ridding ourselves of the scourge and a brief email now and then is such an easy thing to do to help our fellow boaties - and ourselves.
www.rampitup.net.au (http://www.rampitup.net.au)

cheers

CruiserV8100
26-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Why dont you create a facebook page for rampitup, id thumbsup the page and share the issues with my boating mates. I constantly post some threads from this on FB to show what shit we have to deal with just to go fishing.

CruiserV8100
26-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Im a bit slow just looked on FB for rampitup and their it was.. Man Im behind the 8ball alot lately..

Lucky_Phill
26-04-2013, 07:39 PM
I was roped into doing the video work this day for Dave. Which I enjoyed. Didn't enjoy the sight of many cars parked in trailer bays, on footpaths, median strips and in the rigging bay.

It was an " interesting " conversation between Dave and the Council Parking Officer, who's main aim was taking photos and not issuing tickets. AND, may I add, the Offcier was parked illegally. It was caught on video.

Apart from Council and ignorant car drivers, the main problem as I see it, is the lack of overall carparking....... or put it the other way....the over-utilization of that small area by the hundreds of people that gather there.

I am unsure of the solution, but the current issue of car and car with trailer parking needs to be addressed immediately by council. I still don't get it, that a car driver will use the trailer bays, despite signs and the fact that they are causing issues for their fellow community members... amazing.

On the bright side, there was 68 cars with trailers parked correctly and NO cars parked illegally.......... at the 1770 boat ramp on Easter Sunday. The locals up there are a tad less tolerant than Dave and Co.

cheers LP

SUPERDAFF
26-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Nicko, many thanks for the warning.

I mean if someone had say a 20 litre bucket of salt water and pillies blood sitting upright near the bilge, but then forgot about it and drove off sharply just as they were passing single cars parked illegally in boat rigging or car-trailer parking spaces, well, that could cause all sorts of problems if it fell over and the auto float kicked in.

Gee, I hope that never happens. Thanks so much for the warning.

I'll be sure to let others know at Wellington Point to take extra care when driving off - particularly if they've got new buckets and are not used to it.

murf
26-04-2013, 11:46 PM
top Stuff Dave love ya work

my copper mate tells me it is illegal to park like that in NSW thats why there is such a big problem in coffs harbour, there are no parks at all for motor homes, boats and vans unless you can score a drive through in a shopping center in an open space, not much good in the undercover spots as my 4WD don't even fit in them

and Phill I have seen a big cat trailer at 1770 accidentally block a hippy van (without trailer) in, he turned a bit too soon and the trailer was across the back of the vans boat trailer car spot haha

cheers Murf

netmaker
27-04-2013, 09:21 AM
forecast is great for tomorrow and I will be parking in my new favourite spot again. any other takers, feel free. there are always plenty of car bays available early in the morning;D

royslaven
27-04-2013, 08:02 PM

Dave I find it extremely hard to believe that you were only called an arsehole once....roy

royslaven
27-04-2013, 08:12 PM
And dave I also have been calling you an arsehole for ages now, and you don,t take any notice of me either, ha....roy

netmaker
28-04-2013, 03:05 PM
different day, same shit...

even had someone parallel parked to my trailer when I got back in. another email sent to council...

cormorant
28-04-2013, 09:32 PM
If you put a drawbar extension on you could take up another space. Just in case you hadn't thought of it. Couple of temporary 4*2 extentions on teh skits would do it.

Loving the sense of humour.