PDA

View Full Version : Trailer rewire.....

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 03:11 PM
O.K.,,,,,So I'm lazy and fairly clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff so can anyone recommend someone that can come to my place and rewire my trailer lights?
I live on the South side of Brisbane and am looking for a supply and fit up of new lights that also incorporates the small LED lights I have on my wheel arches too.......?
Thanks for any help and the pre ordained smart ass comments.......

Boat Hog
20-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Have you heard of this Guy? http://www.gdmarineservices.com.au/index.html
I believe he services your area.

Smart ass comments left out ---- someone took all the fun out of it! :):)

Cheers,

2IC
20-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Yes you are LAZY but not clueless ,, & I know this is not helping you ,, but Jim is on the money
Cheers

Boat Hog
20-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes you are LAZY but not clueless ,, & I know this is not helping you ,, but Jim is on the money
Cheers

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that ..... well, I'd have a dollar wouldn't I!

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Any man with 3 boats is definitely on the money.........

Boat Hog
20-04-2013, 03:53 PM
What can I say? I like to support the Marine Industry ......

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Have you heard of this Guy? http://www.gdmarineservices.com.au/index.html
I believe he services your area.

Smart ass comments left out ---- someone took all the fun out of it! :):)

Cheers,

Well well well look at that........didn't think he did stuff like that, will call him tomorrow.

Boat hog 2
20-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Well well well look at that........didn't think he did stuff like that, will call him tomorrow.

Tomorrow is sunday.

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Every day is a Monday for me.............

thelump
20-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Pretty sure you can buy pre wired led lights as in wired and sealed at the light end then all you need to go is run them through or along your trailer and hook up a 7 pin plug be it round or flat. As far as your side running lights I think you would need another wire off them and double it up on the tail light terminal on the plug. I reckon a bloke of your skill set could handle that? I'll come and have a crack at it with you on your next break if you want?
Note amazing lack of smartarse comments.

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Ummmmmmm..........can someone please find Macca for me????

No 'Made in China' jokes or anything..............and he offered help!!!! Must of had his account hacked.

Thanks for that mate, I appreciate it!!!

thelump
20-04-2013, 08:11 PM
No woriies ya F%$^#in slan%^$ed c$%^$

Boat Hog
20-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Ha ha macca!

Yeah Muddy, like the lump man said; You can buy prewired sealed LED light sets and they also have the connection for your side clearance lights They have waterproof (water resistant) connections that push together and use a bit of grease or Vaseline to seal them. I don't think that they come with the wiring for your electric/hydraulic brakes though?

Probably best to get Spaniard King to do them and give the brakes a look over too. Just to be sure.

thelump
20-04-2013, 08:53 PM
oops yeah forgot about the brakes. That puts me into the no clue category. Oh look theres Anthony :)

Spaniard_King
20-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Anthony,

I can do that for you.... when are you back next and what do I need to change on the trailer.. I have all the good resin joiners etc etc

Muddy Toes
20-04-2013, 10:05 PM
LEGEND!!!!!

I'm not home for another month (just got back yesterday......ewww!!!)

My right hand side light is buggered,,,,indicator, brake light, tail light not working.:policeman:

Tail light strip on the rear most cross member flashes with the indicators.:hammer:

A couple (can't quite remember) of the LED lights fitted in my wheel arches don't work.:-/

On the bright side though my Hydrastar brake thingy still works.:engel017:

So in essence Garry I would just like it all to work again..........replace it all, replace some, fix it all it's up to you...............:helpa:

If there is a chance you would have the time to do it before I get home that would be absolutely fantastic! Even if you just want to buy new everythings so you don't have to quote it that would be fine with me.........

These pictures are the closest thing I can show you with all the lights in it. Tail light clusters, lights in wheel arches, light bar thingy on cross member and side indicator lamps next to tail lights.

Thanks Garry........

Boat Hog
21-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Muddy, do you have the American style earth return system on the EZ Loader trailer? Some of your problems are likely due to one or more of the fittings shorting out to the trailer chassis or not earthing properly due to minor corrosion.

More likely Gary will want to do a complete rewire rather than stuff around fault finding if this is the case - especially since Aussie replacement fittings are going to be a cable return system.

Spaniard_King
09-05-2013, 05:24 PM
LEGEND!!!!!

I'm not home for another month (just got back yesterday......ewww!!!)

My right hand side light is buggered,,,,indicator, brake light, tail light not working.:policeman:

Tail light strip on the rear most cross member flashes with the indicators.:hammer:

A couple (can't quite remember) of the LED lights fitted in my wheel arches don't work.:-/

On the bright side though my Hydrastar brake thingy still works.:engel017:

So in essence Garry I would just like it all to work again..........replace it all, replace some, fix it all it's up to you...............:helpa:

If there is a chance you would have the time to do it before I get home that would be absolutely fantastic! Even if you just want to buy new everythings so you don't have to quote it that would be fine with me.........

These pictures are the closest thing I can show you with all the lights in it. Tail light clusters, lights in wheel arches, light bar thingy on cross member and side indicator lamps next to tail lights.

Thanks Garry........

OK Jobs done !!! I have one query tho.. whats the going rate to charge for green ant bites.....we are talkin 7 or 8 of the little b@stards got me

Have to email you an Invoice Anthony

Found your problem... everything was using the trailer frame as a earth return.. that does not happen now.. full rewire with earth return to the battery (if ya car is wired up right)

cheers

2IC
09-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Garry for those bites I would say 10 bucks each bite, mate did you add extra lights so ASW looks like one of those Mack trucks coming towards you at night???

WalrusLike
09-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Green ant bites are an ancient Chinese remedy for Alzheimer's. Starting to feel smarter yet SK?

The traditional medicine charge, by coincidence, exactly equals your invoice cost.

Now quietly slip me ten percent Muddy....

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Apollo
09-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Wish, I had seen this earlier. I would have done it for a carton or two Toes. You may have had to leave the key though, just incase I needed to drop it in the water to ummmmm, work on the trailer. On a completely unrelated matter, you don't keep a close look on the engine hours do you???

Hmmmm, probably best you used Gary!

Muddy Toes
09-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Hahahaha....thanks for the offer Steve but Garry ended up doing it for the price of a six pack :P.............I think. Engine hours..........no freaking idea!!! You're welcome to use it anytime though mate, as long as Mark tows it!!!8-)

Garry, thank you very much once again mate, a job done on short notice again and I have no doubt in my mind about the quality of your work.I'm a little bit pissed that you introduced green ants to my yard though..........this is the first I'm hearing of it :P8-):-[. They're pretty vicious though, I'll take responsibility for the first couple of bites but after that I believe a saying about 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.........' comes to mind,,,, should have just ripped the washing off the line to lay on the grass!!!

Once again thanks mate............and team Beeracuda also thank you too, for now they will have adequate warning of my intended turning and breaking maneuvers.

RayLamp
09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
OK Jobs done !!! I have one query tho.. whats the going rate to charge for green ant bites.....we are talkin 7 or 8 of the little b@stards got me

I was thinking a six pack per bite?