PDA

View Full Version : boats.net

myusernam
18-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I placed an order with boats.net and paid extra for express shipping bcos I want it quick. I placed the order on the 8th and it didn't ship till the 17th. That's pretty ordinary. Has anyone else had similar issues? (I seem to remember something on here) are there any similar webstores that offer better service with similar prices?

joey_1987
18-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Placed order on a Wed, was shipped out the following Tuesday, also used USPS Express mail which took 4 business days. I think it depends on how easily the parts are sourced from their warehouses, but in my research their prices are very difficult to beat. It would depend on the brand of parts you're after maybe as to where to shop elsewhere. I think the slight weight is reflected in the price, but I can't be 100% sure on that.

fisho64
18-04-2013, 07:10 PM
mine had a bit of a hold up, 5 days or so but total 14 days which I thought was pretty dam good.

Steeler
18-04-2013, 08:46 PM
You are paying for express shipping not express despatch of the order, thats not meant to be a smart alec comment. Maybe one of your items was a non stock item and needs ordering in or perhaps went to back order.

goat boy
18-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Yep they probably had to wait for the goods themselves. My experience has been that USPS express isn't worth it either, general old USPS regular is the go, IMO.

myusernam
19-04-2013, 06:47 PM
thanks guys

Darren Mc
19-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Hey myusername,

I ordered a prop from them on the 5/4/2013 and haven't received it yet. Looked on the USPS tracking site and it's in Aus and was processed yesterday. hoorayyyy.

LittleSkipper
20-04-2013, 05:29 AM
I can relate to the comments made on this thread regarding shipping from the states.

Bought a hydraulic steering kit which was sent USPS Priority Mail International from Florida, took around 2 weeks from time of despatch to my local post office.

For the price you pay for gear in the US I think the wait is worth it?