PDA

View Full Version : New PFD

Justin Rossiter
15-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi Folks

Going to get myself a new PFD, currently have a Stormy Seas with auto inflation, but I like the look of PFD Stormriders, does anyone have one of these and can comment on the comfort and durability (ink stains, berley, bait, fish scales, fish slime etc)

Thanks

Justin

Ausgradi
15-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I got a Stormrider recenty.
Its good enough and the price is right .....

BUT my stormy was more comfortable , but I get to hot in it up here in QLD.
The stormy was perfect when I lived in Tassie. I love the zip off arms of the Stormy!

The stormrider is fishable and has great airflow, perfect in high humidity.
Mines had scales and guts on it. Washed out fine , but I dont think anything would like Ink.

Cheers

Justin Rossiter
15-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Yep down here in Tassie we love our Stormy PFDs, just putting the feelers out on durability of the PFD range as the outer shell is different.

Cheers

Ausgradi
15-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Is this Justin with the Striper?

Justin Rossiter
15-04-2013, 08:38 PM
No mate, I think that's Justin Causby from Wigstons Lures.

Ausgradi
15-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Ahhh my mistake lol.

If your looking for something warm down there I dont reckon the SR will do unless you throw a heap of layers on under neath.
The material is also neoprene (wetsuit material). So stains will be hard to keep out. Unless u get a dark coloured one.

My stormy was worth its weight in gold in the many near freezing missions of Tasman Island.

Justin Rossiter
16-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for that, another Stormy it is then. Plenty of SBT showing up at Tasman and Pedra at present