PDA

View Full Version : shipping rods within Aus.

Nicko_Cairns
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey guys,

So my local AusPost said my rod tube was too big to post. They'll post for businesses but not for your average Joe (or Nick).

So, Toll look pretty pricey on their website calculator, about $70 for a light tube with one rod blank in it.

Anyone know a good shipper from Cairns to Brisbane? I remember the good old days when AusPost was $30..

Failing that Trev, I'm overdue for a trip to Bris so I'll come down for the weekend, visit the German Club and catch up with you with the rod blanks.

Cheers.

Aussie123
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I send rods all over the place weekly on e-go couriers and never had a problem yet.
I just used their online quote and Cairns to Brisbane would cost me $15.95 or $22.95 for a once off user.
That is for a 2kg tube at 8x8x220cm long and door to door.

Feral
12-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Wont even look at Australia post of their derivatives for parcel post these days, if a seller says they use them, I find another seller. Not only do they rip you off cost wise, but they wont even deliver. Got sick of seeing them drive up to my mail box and drop the "pick it up at the post office" slip in there with out even entering the property.

Nicko_Cairns
12-04-2013, 08:19 PM
beautiful, thanks mate!

I send rods all over the place weekly on e-go couriers and never had a problem yet.
I just used their online quote and Cairns to Brisbane would cost me $15.95 or $22.95 for a once off user.
That is for a 2kg tube at 8x8x220cm long and door to door.