PDA

View Full Version : My Glacier Bay 2680 is finally here

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Well well well......finally after a few hickups the boat is here. It is quite big to stand next to but once in the water feels good. It took a while to unwrap the bloody thing but once apart I was happy with my boat. Its always a daunting think, buying a boat from pics but for the investment I have a solid boat. Like all things there will be upgrades and changes and led lighting much like the olde White Rhino....well maybe not quite that much.

My boat lives at RQYS at Manly and all I wanted to do was get it in the water and start the learning process on these cats. Dave the manager from the mariner helped me out and hooked the tractor on for a quick run yesterday, in time to find any problems before a service on Thursday and a detail.

Garry (spaniard King)will be servicing the 150 yammies and Dave (Blackened ) will be detailing the boat.

Upon first run I noticed I wasnt getting the RPM that I needed (Only 4700 RPM on port motor and 4900 RPM on starboard which is less than it got on the video run in the states) we believe it has bad fuel which doesnt surprise me especially if its been sitting for a while. Similar reports from other boats in the US when I searched it online.

I took off out of the leads and was like a dog with 2 tails.....It was blowing 15 knots and was an average day so I thought I will take it for a run. Its a bit of sensory overload first time up on the plane..... new noises new handling!!! There are 4 deck draining scuppers that make a funny noise when the external drains touch the water and the noise at first freaked me out. But after a few minutes I worked it out! The boat certainly drives different and I will need to learn more about these boats. I played with the trim but with only 40 minutes on my side didnt get enough time. I tried some tighter turns and agree that I need time in this boat otherwise people on my boat will jump overboard.
I could only get up to 28knots with the lower RPM but feel this will be a slower boat than the ones in the past but certainly a smoother riding boat.

I will get a few pics after the detail and service and add some more info.

MONDAY- first trip out in the boat offshore......ohhhh yeah!!!

Cheers
Marty

ps bit of a rushed post as I hve to run..
pps pictures arent he best but here ya go

Cheers
Marty;D

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 08:38 AM
the 2 lower guage pictures are of the RPM and fuel management.....I cant quite remember and the pics arnt clear but from memory initial stats were....and I could be wrong

4400-4600 rpm
32 MPH
18.5 Gallons per hour
1.7 Gallons per mile

will double check these again....

Cheers
Marty

Pazz01
10-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Holy Jesus that thing is a mammoth. Bloody huge. Not sure if you'll be able to wash your hands over the side, hell you won't need to I'm sure it'll have hot water and a basin in there somewhere. Looks nice should be a sweet ride. Well done.

Pazz

Spiderpig
10-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I've been waiting for these photos, VERY NICE.

Me and a few mates have imported boats in the last couple of years. All of us ended up ditching the fuel altogether. You will find it is a real yellow colour and full of ethanol. Mine ran like a dog the first trip even though I topped the tank up with premium to try water the old fuel down. After pumping out the tanks and starting fresh, it ran like a new boat.

I'd love to go for a run. Any idea how much it weighs on the trailer?

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 08:52 AM
I am not sure Spider Pig, I will get it weighed on the travel lift but at a guess 4T with 1/2 tank of fuel. The photos do it a lot of justice, it really needs a good polish.

Muddy Toes
10-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Very nice mate........worth the wait hey?

See ya up at the Golden Nugget on Tuesday for a 1770 adventure.......

thelump
10-04-2013, 08:55 AM
AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWesome Marty. Not that I have ever seen you with a frown but you wont be wiping that smile off your face for a while I reckon. Congrats and enjoy mate. Oh and put a picture up of the important bit for me will ya!

ozynorts
10-04-2013, 09:04 AM
^^^^^ what the lump said.
Great to see you finally have it in your hands Marty. They really are a great looking boat.

jtpython
10-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Drooooooooooooooooooooollllllll
JT

cobiaman
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Thats awesome marty, fckin huge lump of a boat!

Tangles
10-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Hope she serves you well Marty and may many reds come over the side

Are you going to re-name her?

Mike

WalrusLike
10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Epic beauty.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

ozscott
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Nice big rig matey...lot more of a lump than your old Vag! The handling must take some getting used to, but given the number of cat lovers on here it will be worth the effort. It should eat up the bar too.

Cheers

Chimo
10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Bit of a change from the Vag etc. Looks good after the wait etc.

Cheers
Chimo

Greg P
10-04-2013, 10:29 AM
All the drama landing it will be forgotten with a couple of cool treats on the back deck @ Tangas. Looks good - enjoy your fruits.

Cheers
Greg

Shagga
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
WOW, that is a magnificent looking mahine.........I got nothing else to say but enjoy.

Shagga
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
WOW, that is a magnificent looking mahine.........I got nothing else to say but enjoy.

I meant "Machine"

RayLamp
10-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Even though it has a Florida sticker on the back, it would have had to originate from Texas! Everything is bigger in Texas!

What a beast.

lucee81
10-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Awesome looking rig Marty. Now you got a cat the crabs should be plentiful. The masses will be waiting for their handouts. :)

mustang5
10-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Awesome mate ! Congrats :)

Its always a learning curve with the new boat. I remember the first time I operated the twin optis on the proline... It wasnt safe lol!!

The exact same happened to me on my first run with the Proline, However it wasnt only stale fuel.. The motors themselves were that unused because the seller couldnt afford to use the boat, they were literally "Clogged up".

Not sure how many hours yours has, but with the Optis a simple service brought them back to 100% and getting the same figures off the factory floor! Pay special attention to the intake..

On another note, with the twins you will find that the RPM issue could be simply due to only 1 of the motors having a hiccup. So keep that in mind :)

Love the trailer. Would help with ball weight surely?

Carry
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Beatiful looking rig Marty, bet you are glad that it's finally here on home soil. See you on the deep blue mate. Enjoy.

Cheers

Carry

The Woo
10-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Congratulations mate! Great to see her at RQ. I can only imagine how stoked you must feel to finally have your hands on her!

Are you keeping or re-naming?

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Hope she serves you well Marty and may many reds come over the side

Are you going to re-name her?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the good wishes, wont rename her....old salt will stay!

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks for your posts guys, its a nice feeling to hear from you all about my new boat. I have a house with a wife and 3 girls.....I wouldn't say Im unappreciated but more so misunderstood!!

Cheers
Marty

Off to get detailed tomorrow and serviced!!

See you on the water!!!!!!

rosco1974
10-04-2013, 04:43 PM
congrats marty,
looks awesome,welcome to the cat lovers clan mate,give it time and you will get used to how it rides/handles
cheers rosco

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Cheers Rosco! it was a bit different, trying to play with trim but..... still trying to work it out!!!!

kaypee
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow look at the tunnel height on that thing! Looks awesome mate, enjoy. Look forward to hearing how she handles. Will we be seeing you on the swains trip??

honda900
10-04-2013, 04:56 PM
congrats marty, that thing is a monster.. there will be no missing you on the water.. dont know that SPB is wide enough for you now.. LOL..

Regards
HOnda.

Boat Hog
10-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Congratulations:laola:

That's some pretty special ride there Marty. Very happy for you mate that it all worked out and you finally got her. 8-))

Awesome. Stars and Stipes flags at this years Agnes/1770 M&G???? :):)

I look forward to being passed by you on the way out to Fitzroy! Actually, I'll probably still be heading out when you're coming back in!

Cheers,

rosco1974
10-04-2013, 05:00 PM
let me know marty if ya need any help with it..happy to come for a run with ya anytime

Rodpal
10-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey Marty, congrads man ... she is an absolute thing of sheer beauty ..... without a doubt

If anything was going to make me go mono to a cat ... this thread could be the one hehe

I will be following with great interest and looking forward to the maiden offshore report

all the best and enjoy your new toy

Chez Rod

ozynorts
10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
let me know marty if ya need any help with it..happy to come for a run with ya anytime

Would be interesting to see what you make of the difference between the planing and semi displacement cats roscoe. I wonder how different it feels?

Horse
10-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Well worth the wait Marty. It certainly ticks a few more boxes in the comfort areas than most boats. I can see it as a floating home out at Musgrave with the family onboard

2IC
10-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Heck Marty that ship gets BIGGER everytime I see a photo of it ,, must be such a great feeling to be able touch it after all this time ,, now lets get out FISHING

netmaker
10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
awesome marty. can't wait to use the crapper at Fitzroy. gunna make sure i'm plugged up for a week beforehand;D

Ausgradi
10-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Awesome Marty.
Shes a beauty.

Congrats and welcome to the import club .... FINALLY lol

Muddy Toes
10-04-2013, 06:00 PM

That's some pretty special ride there Marty. Very happy for you mate that it all worked out and you finally got her. 8-))

I look forward to being passed by you on the way out to Fitzroy! Actually, I'll probably still be heading out when you're coming back in!

Cheers,

You've had a year to change that prop you lazy Bugger.......

cobiaman
10-04-2013, 06:02 PM
You've had a year to change that prop you lazy Bugger.......

And its likely that boathog will use more fuel too

theoldlegend
10-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Awesome boat Marty!! Really looks the goods! Bloody fantastic!

I noticed in your post #2, that the fuel management shows usage in gallons per hour. Being built in the USA, would that be US gallons and not Imperial gallons?

With the US gallon being slightly smaller than the Imperial gallon, then your usage in Imp gallons or Imp litres would be slightly less than shown on the gauges.

3.78 litres in a US gallon, 4.54 litres in an Imp gallon.

Just wondering, that's all.

TOL

fish'n'chippy
10-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Very nice.......very nice

Happy for you that you now have 'possession' of your boat.
I'd still be interested to hear the rest of the story once it's sorted.

Enjoy, you've earned it

G

Goodoo haven
10-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Thats an AWESOME looking boat Marty.

I hope it serves you well mate.

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Cheers,

No way Jim! she is slow and heavy. Will see on the stars and stripes.....actually came with a flag!!

Lancair
10-04-2013, 06:48 PM
WOW, what an awesome boat. The places you can get too, the weather it could handle safely. Very jealous.
I certainly look forward to reading more reports and seeing more pics/video of her in action.

Lancair

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 06:50 PM
And its likely that boathog will use more fuel too

not sure about that......will see Monday!

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Awesome boat Marty!! Really looks the goods! Bloody fantastic!

I noticed in your post #2, that the fuel management shows usage in gallons per hour. Being built in the USA, would that be US gallons and not Imperial gallons?

With the US gallon being slightly smaller than the Imperial gallon, then your usage in Imp gallons or Imp litres would be slightly less than shown on the gauges.

3.78 litres in a US gallon, 4.54 litres in an Imp gallon.

Just wondering, that's all.

TOL

Hi John,
I will check all this tomorrow and hopefully be able to select litres.......I am hoping Garry will help there. Interesting .......

Cheers
Marty

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Very nice.......very nice

Happy for you that you now have 'possession' of your boat.
I'd still be interested to hear the rest of the story once it's sorted.

Enjoy, you've earned it

G

Absolutely mate.... Thanks!

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Give me a chance to get it presentable and we can have a coldie on the back Fishin Chippie

Boat Hog
10-04-2013, 06:56 PM
No way Jim! she is slow and heavy. Will see on the stars and stripes.....actually came with a flag!!

Ha ha .... yeah well on a calm day perhaps mate. But when it's blown out and crap I'll be driving to the 'conditions' while you're cruising by ...........

MyWay
10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Congratulation Captain
I wish you happy boating and all the best

very very nice boat

Humdinger
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Well done Marty looks great
Can't wait to see how it looks on radar

deckie
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
What a beast. Great choice. Nice set of donks on her too.
Love the way they do their cockpits...the minimal colour look always looks sharp i reckon.
Needs a polish ?...nahhh needs some fishblood and bird poop first.
Congrats..beautiful and practical.

trymyluck
10-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Great boat, congrats Marty, here's to many happy times for you and the family.

Just thinking Marty, how many HDS5's can you fit down the back.............:vrolijk_1:

Mark

Captain Seaweed
10-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks Mark!!! how many HDS's......hmmm now there is a thought! Just kidding.....!!!! Needs a few underwater LED's however!! :)

fish'n'chippy
10-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Give me a chance to get it presentable and we can have a coldie on the back Fishin Chippie

Absolutely mate,
Looking forward to giving it a good look over.
(More than willing to spring for the fuel used on a test run too.......
Northern Canyons comes to mind ::D)

Cheers!

TREVELLY
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Congratulations you Old Salty dog with two tails wagging - each tail being a yammie 150

The pics show a very nice clean boat - hope to see some fish flapping about in it soon.

Enjoy Marty - been a while coming but gee it looks nice.

The girls will be pleased as punch with that.

chocolatemoose
10-04-2013, 08:45 PM
nice boat. sure is big!

fisho8
10-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Said it on Facebook Marty I will say it on here great to see it is here and hope you have a ball being out on the water on such a nice boat. These rigs are a perfect medium between hard core fishing rigs and the great family get away the layout is fantastic and the features also for the money you have paid. Cannot wait to see it blasting across the Bay.:thumbsup:

Cheers Mick.

madmackrel
10-04-2013, 09:44 PM
MASSIVE, would look even bigger with you standing beside her lol. Marty a word of warning re RQYS a couple of yacht riggers ,mates of mine .Had their electronics stolen from his boat just recently, be carefull. Can't wait to see her in full flight.
Cheers Perry

wags on the water
10-04-2013, 11:52 PM
What's wrong with you lot - especially you Marty. It's a boat - A BOAT - not she's a boat, but IT'S a boat. If was a woman (as in she's a boat) then it would have tits and a nice ass -----> IT is A BOAT...........HUGE boat at that. So with that in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing IT in person one day.

Have a great time with THE boat.

Sheik
11-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Holy Jesus that thing is a mammoth. Bloody huge. Not sure if you'll be able to wash your hands over the side, hell you won't need to I'm sure it'll have hot water and a basin in there somewhere. Looks nice should be a sweet ride. Well done.

Pazz
Yeah and I would give everyone that comes on board a roll of coloured wool so they can find their way back to where they started. You'll also need an extendable handle from a pool shop for your landing net.
Lovely boat mate, congratulations and hope you sort that motor revs issue out long term.

Sheik
11-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Also, give us a call when you're up in fraser coast area, we can sneak up a few gutters in the new boat to put the pots out and go cast netting for prawns right up the gregory...

johncar
11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Congrats for sure, hope it lives up to and exceeds all expectations. Great looking rig indeed. The 150 yammies seem a nice engine and once you get them running well you should get decent economy if that worries you at all.
My first experience on a Cat after 30 years on monos was indeed a bit disturbing, big swell on the day off Mooloolaba and the skipper (also inexperienced with Cats) almost rolled it, a 9.0M KC. Anyway I got behind the wheel a lot after that with various rigs and once I sorted out their good and bad habits, got to like them although still a scary in the hands of a novice skipper.
If I had the cash to buy and run one I would be tempted join the club too. Hope to see you on the water, I'll be in that tinnie you just few past...

Camhawk88
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah I spose its oright if you're into that kinda thing

WalrusLike
11-04-2013, 06:50 PM
What's wrong with you lot - especially you Marty. It's a boat - A BOAT - not she's a boat, but IT'S a boat. .........

Have a great time with THE boat.

Come on Wags... she's beautiful, costs a lot, takes all your time and attention, and is occasionally temperamental. Of course she is a she. Nothing else can make you as happy and as mad as a woman.... Of course she is a she.

Look at those beautiful curves.....

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

TREVELLY
11-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Come on Wags... she's beautiful, costs a lot, takes all your time and attention, and is occasionally temperamental. Of course she is a she. Nothing else can make you as happy and as mad as a woman.... Of course she is a she.

Look at those beautiful curves.....

She has a beautiful pair of .. . . . :blush:

wags on the water
11-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Boats do not have a gender. It is a boat. That is a boat.......not he or she is a boat.

Lucky_Phill
11-04-2013, 07:15 PM
Yamaha 150's.................. Trev........ is that what ya left off ?

LP

Captain Seaweed
11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
had a day on the boat today, awesome!!...... Garry serviced the outboards and we discovered some additional things to repair. It seems the port side motor is running poor. It has only 3 injectors running out of 4 and I need to replace the trim/tilt senders. Dave turned up to detail the boat and within 10 minutes acid everywhere and the transformation began. I could see my own reflection in the hull and thought....what a muscly, handsome man built like a .....hang on a second. I thought what a bloody good job he does!!!

Cant wait for tomorrow, early start with Dave and helping out.....woooohoooo

Cheers
Marty

Axl
11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Awesome rig Captain Seaweed absolutely awesome, being that you have it based at the RQYS I will probably see you in or around the harbour at some time as this is where I launch, should be a spectacular sight.

WalrusLike
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey what are those do dads hanging off the hard top? Clear hose running down from them.

Supply outlets for a tapped keg with lines down to your beer hat?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Lucky_Phill
11-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Drain hoses connected to the bottom of the Outrigger brackets.

But, I like the way ya think...

cheers

death_ship
12-04-2013, 06:09 AM
SHES a beaut.

The Woo
12-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Do you have any pics or HER shining in the sun now SHE'S been polished?

I bet SHE sparkles!

Lucky_Phill
12-04-2013, 09:10 AM
" shining in the sun " ???.......... jeez, I'd like to see the sun.

Think the detail gets finished today, weather permiting.

I am sure the Captain will be taking many photos of Old Salt and I think he'll even have a new Avatar for AF.

LP

madmackrel
12-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Hey Phill talking about avatars, whats happened to mine and some others?

Lucky_Phill
12-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey Phill talking about avatars, whats happened to mine and some others?

This question was rasied in the " Internet and forum help " section.

Gremlins and will be sorted asap.

cobiaman
12-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Geez your looking good in your pic perry

thelump
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Marty sent me a photo of the important bits last night. How do you reckon this will look after the first Sumo overnighter aboard Old Salt?

ozynorts
12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
What are the dimensions on that space lump? Is it made for a aussie fisho????

thelump
12-04-2013, 12:47 PM
What are the dimensions on that space lump? Is it made for a aussie fisho????

Dont know Ozy but I reckon there will be some bruised elobows when it comes time to complete the paperwork!

ozynorts
12-04-2013, 01:47 PM
HHhaaaaaaa. yep I think you may be right there.

Camhawk88
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Dont know Ozy but I reckon there will be some bruised elobows when it comes time to complete the paperwork!

Not to worry Lump I'm certain there would be a bidet aboard somewhere.

Boat Hog
12-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Not to worry Lump I'm certain there would be a bidet aboard somewhere.

I can see someone ordering a really long deck wash hose!

Horse
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Marty's Marvellous Mobile Malodorous Mensroom

If we are caught short out on the reef, does Marty bring the toilet to us or do we have to go find him?

Better let Blackened know there may be a little more internal detailing required after a M&G weekend

honda900
12-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Marty sent me a photo of the important bits last night. How do you reckon this will look after the first Sumo overnighter aboard Old Salt?

Thats the iphone storage compartment.. love it..

Regards
HOnda.

Spaniard_King
13-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Will have the boat up and running this coming Thursday, it had a sticking injector on one engine keeping the performance down.

sure is one hell of a boat

TREVELLY
13-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Will have the boat up and running this coming Thursday, it had a sticking injector on one engine keeping the performance down.

sure is one hell of a boat

You be careful in there guys - one minute people are talking about the boat having girly boys onboard now you say there are druggies threatening you with a dirty needle.

Marty that boat of yours, SHE, must be some sorta ship hiding all those weird people onboard including druggies in one of the engine rooms and they want to do a performance as well!

CruiserV8100
13-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Might want to look at getting that dunny hole bored out a wee bit bigger, Im only a little fella and could clog that hole up from the stern side..

Lovey80
13-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Well done Marty. I'm really happy you finally managed to get OUR boat to Australia :D even if there was a nervous delay ;).

My little KC will look like a scale model next to the GB. That is until I sell it to buy the matching pair.

Captain Seaweed
13-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I had Garry and Dave look at the boat this week and here are the little things I need to fix.....
-1 injector not playing the game so I am getting them all looked at
-Trim/ tilt sender units buggered....replacing both
Apart from that Dave has done a really good job on the boat, as always. It is nice and shiny now and I cant wait to get it out on the water!!!

Macca/The Lump and anyone else looking for a little bit of comfort to unload........There is plenty of elbow room in there for the paperwork....if it is a problem I am ok if you unload on the floor and stomp it through the grate in the bottom. If there is anything else I need to install/correct/modify just let me know. The hose is long enough for a bidet experience and enough water in the tank for a colonic treatment.

Cheers
Marty

fish'n'chippy
13-04-2013, 05:14 PM
. If there is anything else I need to install/correct/modify just let me know.

Install a full time skipper so the owner gets to relax and fish.......also boat credit card for expenses such as fuel, beer, ice

Just need to know where to send resumé

G

cobiaman
13-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I will apply for position of bartender, as long as someone picks me up and drops me home...

thelump
13-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Perhaps a standby Yabby pump in some sort of a holder next to it Marty. Just in case it gets really blocked!

burleygu
13-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I had Garry and Dave look at the boat this week and here are the little things I need to fix.....
Apart from that Dave has done a really good job on the boat, as always. It is nice and shiny now and I cant wait to get it out on the water!!!

Macca/The Lump and anyone else looking for a little bit of comfort to unload........There is plenty of elbow room in there for the paperwork....if it is a problem I am ok if you unload on the floor and stomp it through the grate in the bottom. If there is anything else I need to install/correct/modify just let me know. The hose is long enough for a bidet experience and enough water in the tank for a colonic treatment.

Cheers
Marty

Marty don't you worry about these blokes! I removed the dunny out of my haines so I will retro fit it to a life ring and we can tie it about 5 meters off the back of the boat. Anyone is welcome to use it! Ensure you can hop on 1 foot and walk in a straight line cause if your balance is out youll be swimming in your own . . . . .

Vitamin Sea
13-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Congrats Marty

I'm sure you will enjoy HER after the wait, look forward to catching up with you down Manly. You are in good hands with Garry and Dave, Gary will get her going as she should be.

Cheers

Bill

fish'n'chippy
13-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I will apply for position of bartender, as long as someone picks me up and drops me home...

Looking at the size,
I thought we would be applying for "live aboard" positions

cobiaman
13-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Looking at the size,
I thought we would be applying for "live aboard" positions

Fair point you have there...

wags on the water
13-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Finally starting to get it hey buddy??

Cheers
Marty

buggerit
14-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Congrats Marty , she looks awesome .

cobiaman
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Whats the latest news marty, all the problems sorted?

Captain Seaweed
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
All problems sorted, the boat is now at horizon shores and I am trying to find time for an offshore trip.... Midweek next week, you feeling crook cobiaman

cobiaman
02-05-2013, 06:48 PM
All problems sorted, the boat is now at horizon shores and I am trying to find time for an offshore trip.... Midweek next week, you feeling crook cobiaman

Cant do next week or the week after, but after that its on!

Captain Seaweed
02-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok will check back, just checked the wind at cape Morton now ..... Have a look ! I thought green was as high as it got but then there is brown!! Bloody screaming!

cobiaman
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Thats when you start sh!tting yourself...

Captain Seaweed
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Hey Graeme I'm on the taptalk train!!! And can't like your post

cobiaman
02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Welcome to my world, i just wish i could give muddytoes a run for the most dislikes...

fish'n'chippy
02-05-2013, 07:20 PM
....... the boat is now at horizon shores ......

If you move it any closer to me it would be in my front yard......
did you leave a spare set of keys with Mal?
I got really good service from the boys when I had a boat there.
(Not to mention the cafe makes a nice burger too)

Forget the offshore trip, out of the marina turn left, start throwing the nets ;)

G

wags on the water
02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
In the water Marty or on the trailer? I could run it in for you ...starting tomorrow....

thelump
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
How do you like a dislike?

ozynorts
02-05-2013, 08:15 PM
like that. :)
thumbs down

Snapperscott
04-12-2014, 08:55 PM
So after 12 or so months what's the verdict on the ride?

Giffo65
04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
I was fortunate enough to get a gig on Marty's boat for Breaksea trip last year,awsome boat,Rides great and put me onto Black Marlin.Thumbs up !

Lovey80
05-12-2014, 03:48 AM
I'm interested to hear what the back deck space is like?

trymyluck
05-12-2014, 05:15 AM
I'm interested to hear what the back deck space is like?

Take it for a test run, I think Marty has it for sale.

Lovey80
05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Wow that's disappointing. Marty, what's making you give her up?

Where is it advertised?

ozynorts
05-12-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/private/SSE-AD-3068587/2006-GLACIER-BAY-2680-COASTAL-RUNNER?cr=0&psq=%28%28%28%28BoatType%3D%5BPower%5D%26%28Make%3 D%5BGLACIER%20BAY%5D%26Model%3D%5B2680%20COASTAL%2 0RUNNER%5D%29%29%26State%3D%5BQueensland%5D%29%26% 28%28%28SiloType%3D%5BDemo%20and%20near%20new%20bo ats%5D%7CSiloType%3D%5BDealer%20new%20boats%5D%29% 7CSiloType%3D%5BDealer%20used%20boats%5D%29%7CSilo Type%3D%5BPrivate%20used%20boats%5D%29%29%26Servic e%3D%5BBoatsales%5D%29&pso=0&pss=Premium

Lovey80
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
And his PM's are full.

ozynorts
05-12-2014, 12:52 PM
There would be contact details on the advert I would guess.

Still_Dreamin
05-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Or you could try the Facebook Page that is a similar names to this site just swap fish for crab.

Still_Dreamin
05-12-2014, 07:10 PM
There was a post a while back that he wanted a boat that was easier to tow. I had a look over this boat at a meet and greet last year on south Straddie. It certainly was a lot of boat.

Blackened
06-12-2014, 07:54 AM
G'day

I've just detailed the boat again. Rear deck space is great, cockpit space is great and the cabin/berth/head layout is great. everything pesents in great condition for the age. He's very happy witht he boat overall but looking for something easier to tow etc. I think it's out for a sea trial today actually.

Dave

Lovey80
10-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Damn my timing. I want that boat.

Towie0
17-04-2016, 03:29 PM
This is an old thread Captainseaweed but how's the GB going?
I too have been thinking about importing a 26er as opposed to a Sailfish or KC

tropicrows
17-04-2016, 05:49 PM
The captain sold it around the end of last year.

koastal
18-04-2016, 07:27 AM
This is an old thread Captainseaweed but how's the GB going?
I too have been thinking about importing a 26er as opposed to a Sailfish or KC

My Brother is considering selling his 26ft GB isle runner. 4 stroke yamahas with 400 hrs.
It would be terrific for the chop you get up there. I imported a GB2640 last year and have put 200 hrs on it

Lovey80
18-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Is the isle runner the 2670 with the half glass and clears?

koastal
18-04-2016, 08:29 PM

This one detailed to death - new HDS12 and TM260

Is the isle runner the 2670 with the half glass and clears?

Towie0
19-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys did the Captain not like it?

Koastal that's what I was thinking too, we like to explore and intend on going up Cape York out of Port Douglas there are a few places we can get fuel. They seem an excellent platform and floor layout design for social boating and fishing.
If your send me thru some info etc I would be keen to look at it there are a few over in WA for sale also.

koastal
19-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks guys did the Captain not like it?

Koastal

You are good Towie !

The Captain has barely set foot on it. Mind you the southern ocean isnt that inviting in my opinion.

Can PM you Pete my brothers no if you want to find out more about.
He would prob deliver it for you as he thinks his trailer is the best there is.

Towie0
19-04-2016, 04:32 PM
You are good Towie !

The Captain has barely set foot on it. Mind you the southern ocean isnt that inviting in my opinion.

Can PM you Pete my brothers no if you want to find out more about.
He would prob deliver it for you as he thinks his trailer is the best there is.

LOL I do love a good trailer too I must say it makes life easier... That would be great I can call him if you flick me the number thanx.

I believe that style would be awesome up here around the islands in the Whitsundays etc too

koastal
19-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Will do in 5

They are fantastic boats. Mine is my 13th boat and my 3rd cat. Cant see myself selling it ever at the moment. Nothing i have been in rides as soft.
Even my 42 ft cat banged more. The way they carry speed through a wave amazes me and all who ride in it.

Meet you at the whitsundays for a GB meet

gofishin
19-04-2016, 09:40 PM
...Nothing i have been in rides as soft.
Even my 42 ft cat banged more....
What brand 42 foot cat koastal?
Cheers
Brendon

koastal
20-04-2016, 06:49 AM
What brand 42 foot cat koastal?
Cheers
Brendon

Peter Brady - its now the whales in paradise boat. They extended it to 50ft some years ago

http://whalesinparadise.com.au/the-vessel/

gofishin
20-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Interesting! I've seen that boat I think.