PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha F115 Wrecking

Apollo
06-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Following on from my boat being hit in a MV accident, I have bought the boat from the insurance company and have the F115 to sell. What I am after is advice as to the best way of selling it. It is an upgraded 2006 model with 200hrs on it (serviced 10mins before the accident:furious:) and is ok powerhead up (excluding the cowling cover and lower cowling), the mid leg down (including the gearbox) and the power trim is ok but the tilt has a buggered ram.

So given it is a late model and low hours, what is the best way to sell it off?

Thanks
Steve

Muddy Toes
06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
In my humble opinion the best way to sell it off would be to pull all the photos out of when the motor was new and undamaged and post them up on Ebay.com.Nigeria with an item description 'Brand new, unopened, new in box' and see if you can get top dollar for it over there and then if someone does buy it from Nigeria you can either send them over the buggered motor or better still not even send them anything and just keep their money....................

timddo
06-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Better off selling the parts separately.

Angryant
07-04-2013, 12:01 AM
In my humble opinion the best way to sell it off would be to pull all the photos out of when the motor was new and undamaged and post them up on Ebay.com.Nigeria with an item description 'Brand new, unopened, new in box' and see if you can get top dollar for it over there and then if someone does buy it from Nigeria you can either send them over the buggered motor or better still not even send them anything and just keep their money....................

OR.... just send them the photos and save on freight

Spaniard_King
07-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Check the wreckers for parts... repair the engine and sell it as a runner

honda900
07-04-2013, 09:58 AM
bad news Steve, what happened? Boat Ok ?

Regards
Honda.

ozynorts
07-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Have a read here Honda.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?191009-Keywest-v-Sigma

Apollo
08-04-2013, 07:03 AM
bad news Steve, what happened? Boat Ok ?

Regards
Honda.

Chris

Ozynorts has given the link. Boat is now at home and motor is off it. Stripping bits off the boat to workout if I should rebuild it or just sell her off as a great project boat. The hull is not badly damaged, but I am time poor at the moment, so will make a call this week.

Steve

honda900
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Chris

Ozynorts has given the link. Boat is now at home and motor is off it. Stripping bits off the boat to workout if I should rebuild it or just sell her off as a great project boat. The hull is not badly damaged, but I am time poor at the moment, so will make a call this week.

Steve

Steve,

I hadnt seen the thread, gut wrenching is all i can say. Mate I feel for you..

Regards
Honda.

gazza2006au
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
option 1: sell it as is u will get f a for it
option 2: sell it in parts give your self a good year or two to clear the parts u will make more money than its worth fixed
option 3: fix it and sell it as a good engine probably the best way to go

just an idea on No:1 i recently purchased a whole 4 stroke engine from ebay with a screwed gearbox for 1/10th of what there selling for in the trading post in running condition

if i recall there was a modern 115hp on ebay with no powerhead good mid section and leg

Tangles
09-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I didnt see the original thread either, trust it works out for you mate

murf
07-05-2013, 07:43 AM
looks like everything has worked out just fine for you Steve albeit a lot of stress inbetween

enjoy your new boat :)

cheers Murf

Noelm
07-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Selling it in bits will get you more cash, BUT.... it will take some time,(a lot of time) and there will always be a pile of bits that no one wants, first stop would be ebay and see what comes of it, you never know, someone may just want it enough to pay what you want, fixing and selling will also offer good money, but once again time is against you, and there will always be some doubt in your mind that you sold a motor that MAY have unseen drama later on (well I would) perhaps our ebay Nigerian friends wouldn't have that fear! Next option is to ring a wreckers and see what they will offer as is where is (not much I know) but it will be gone, out of your hair in one go.