PDA

View Full Version : boat servicing melbourne

phillay
06-04-2013, 05:34 PM
g'day

first time poster long time lurker, recently got into boating and bought an old haines signature 492f with a suzuki 85 2stroker. boats been great until the last outing where I was trolling around for about an hour. after I decided to take off to another spot it wouldn't power up and would stall as soon as I put it into forward gear. had the lever lifted up on neutral at 2000-2500 rpm and soon I was off. got to my other spot about 5nm later and wanted to troll around but again outboard decided to flood and wouldn't work properly was really frustrating. Again had to idle it a bit high to burn out some fuel until I can hear all cylinders firing and I was off back to the ramp to go home. Back home flushing outboard, it doesn't even choke or anything :o::)

so I figured that it probably needs a service as the last one was done last Spring.

Could someone please reccommend an honest mechanic shop that I could bring my boat to for a service? I don't mind paying for quality work just not interesting in getting ripped off or paying muppets money for shit work.

Prefer western suburbs melbourne if possible, I live in Sunshine

Cheers,

Phil

recurveron
07-04-2013, 06:59 AM
G'day Phill , this site is mainly QLD based you might get better help on the fishnet or MR fisho site. I'm in Dandy and take my boat to P&J marine in torradin , would be quite a bit out of your way though

phillay
08-04-2013, 11:15 AM
cheers mate