PDA

View Full Version : Car Park Extension at Raby Bay Boat Ramp

Bill_Corten
04-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Work commenced yesterday on a major car park extension at the Raby Bay Ramp. Got back to the ramp and blow me over if there was suddenly lots of blue temporary fencing erected that wasn't there at daylight and machines and tip trucks busy.
Redland City Council kindly confirmed today that the ramp extension is due for completion this financial year which is a big boost for boaties as there is regular spill over into the streets on a busy weekend day of good weather.
The next stage intended to commence some time next financial year if all goes to plan is a new ramp to go in immediately to the south of the VMR complex to complement growth in demand for launching facilities locally. The longer term view is also for a pontoon down the middle with a launching ramp lane either side, like the new concrete facility at Victoria Point.
Moonlighter has alluded to the new ramp being mooted previously and at long last the first stage being the car park is under way.

Regards all
Bill Corten

whatscracken
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
About time. Thanks Bill

Moonlighter
04-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks Bill. Glad to see work has started.

I must follow up with Council re the pontoon. Last i heard it was subject to an (unlikely to be done) extension to the rock wall out from the boat club. Apparently Qld Transport reckon that is needed to provide requisite protection for the ramp...... Although how they reconcile that with the VMR pontoon already in existence just 25m further along is beyond my comprehension......

ML