PDA

View Full Version : RJayz Burley System

aussie9
04-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I was just poking around my back shed and came across a couple of the RJayz canisters I had forgotten I had. I did see them for sale at a stall at the recent tinny show as well. I did a quick on-line search and cant find a supplier of the "sausages". Does anyone still make them? I thought I remember hearing RJayz was bought a few years ago.

I thought they were a pretty good system for the occasional trip.

Cheers

Aussie

jtpython
04-04-2013, 08:11 PM
They were awesome i thought they wenn out of business last one i had got torn off by a whaler on my anchor i would love a couple more i was doing own mix in the foodprocessor with all my old bait and cut off from bone strips and belly cuts
JT

Almako
04-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't think their actively supplying, I recently popped into R&R Poultry at Morningside and low and behold here is a sign on the exterior of the building for the stuff. i asked the receptionist and was advised that it was the owners side business, I left a message for him to contact me so I could buy some but never heard back. I buy a similar one from the tackle shop at Cleveland, there not Rjays but they fit the canister.

Muddy Toes
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Yep............Mossops at Cleveland make a burley sausage that will fit.

fishfeeder
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I bought my last one from NZ.
Wish I could find a supplier in Brisbane also.

I have been using old bait chopped up and I freeze the lot in the RJays canister so just deploy when you get to your fishing ground, It pays to put the lot in a few freezer bags to keep the better half happy...

Seeing the snapper are starting to come on I think I will do a mix for my next outing..

Cheers
Brett

Nicko_Cairns
04-04-2013, 10:57 PM
In south aus many years ago burley canisters were huge, unsure if they still are? JT shark probs using them in qld?

lethal098
05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Yeah Reese is No longer making them unfortunately, moved away from it to focus on the poultry