PDA

View Full Version : Yammy 115F playing up

Fish_gutz
31-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Ran out of fuel on friday but was right next to the ramp on my way home , still had a notch left on the digital guage but once I was off the plane I`d say the pickup was high and dry , anyways
straight to the servo , filled up and home for a flush , now it`s idling like a pig , nothing in my inspection glass under the filter only fuel
in all the years I`ve owned her I`ve never had water issues
if I get the revs up to 2500 + it sounds sweet but blows a bit of unburnt fuel/smoke getting there and also noticed a bit of burn/fuel on the grass under the prop from the exhaust
would it be an air lock of sorts in an injector or could it have picked up some rubbish?
take it to the shop or go out and give it a good run to clean it out ?
any and all help appreciated. hope everyone is having a great Easter.

cheers Andrew

:'(

mitch_wahoo
31-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Sounds like it may have picked up a bit of crap off the bottom of the tank when it ran dry. Does it have a small fuel filter under the cowling? If it does have a look and see if there's any crap in there.

Fish_gutz
31-03-2013, 06:21 PM
checked , nothing in the filter/has a glass viewing bowl and its squeky clean. no water either. if some crap went up it must be small , small enough to foul an injector.

captain rednut
31-03-2013, 08:44 PM
its an air lock in the high pressure fuel system.

Fish_gutz
01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks Rednut.

Fed
01-04-2013, 07:55 AM
I'd think any air in the fuel system would be gone in no time once the motor was running.

Fish_gutz
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
going for a troll/run out in the bay today. should clean any air out of the system.

Spaniard_King
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Check your oil level, had one of these recently which had an injector simply just pushing fuel in the whole time the engine was runing.

Pulled the dip stick out and 5litres of fuel/oil came out:o:o:o

Fish_gutz
01-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks SK , all good , took her for a run , spluttered a bit at idle and once or twice up to 5500 but after that she`s back to normal.
back to her good old self again. thanks all for the input , much appreciated.