PDA

View Full Version : tweed boat ramps easy fix maybe

benandjack
28-03-2013, 05:45 AM
I live in Tweed Heads south, and drive past this every day on the cnr of Dry Dock Rd and fraser Dr you have an empty building about a 100 space car park (easy) and still water in a bay all that needs to be done is put a four way ramp some wash and fish cleaning bays. I have sounded around it is deep water 3-4m sand around the south and west of the bay to beach or boat about 120m long by 60m wide bay. You would have to go under a low bridge to get into the river out at high water you have about 3.5m of clearance, then and only then i might pay a $5 fee, this would take preasure off the other boat ramps around town. Dont know maybe all to easy or i might not be so smart.

goat boy
28-03-2013, 09:50 PM
That's the old failed yacht club. It's been for sale for quite a few years, the last I heard (and this may not be right) was that developers had bought it and was planned to put a unit/townhouse gated estate there similar to the one around the corner. Unfortunately, there is no way council could or would ever buy it and do anything with it, the best that could of been hoped for it was that it did eventually open up again as a yacht/boat club with functioning ramp facilities for members. Who knows, if an estate does open up there it might have a ramp installed for people living there like those places on Kennedy drive, buy into it and have your own 'private' ramp :)