PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on offshore marine master

fishclique
26-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey guys , any owners of offshore marine masters or people who have been and fished in them . Anything would be good . I'm looking at buying the 6.5 cc . Tossing up between that and a australian master marine 6.8 weekender . Any help would be great. Cheers .

rodneyk
26-03-2013, 07:59 PM
That would be a hard choice/////////////// there is no comparison between the finish and reputation of the 2brands how much is your budget .

fishclique
26-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't want to spend over 100 . It's a hard decision I think the Amm will be a little more pricey though .

Dantren
26-03-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm sure the OMM are great, but IMO they are not in the same league as AMM. One gets what they pay for.......

Greg P
27-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Gotta say i was pretty impressed by the condition of the 5yr old platey AMM had on display at the tinnie and tackleshow. Went over it pretty hard to see any bubbles etc on the paint job - zero. 10/10 for the paint job and boat was A1. Quality comes at a cost. I wouldnt paint another platey - either a vinyl wrap or the sharkhide finish for me next time.

OMM look really well put together but not sure about the deadrise for an offshore boat.Don't they use the old JBS jigs now?? Nothing less than 20 degrees for me.

Have a look on the Origin boats facebook page. Col is still putting out high quality and innovative boats and would be worth a visit.

johncar
27-03-2013, 07:20 AM
+ 1 for Origin or AMM, also not sure about the OMM they may be OK too.
Just do plenty of homework and asking around, try to get a decent run in something close to what you are considering. Pay for the fuel and get offshore if you can.
Try to get into the workshops and check out the build process and overall quality of all contenders.

Robbery
27-03-2013, 12:33 PM
A mate of mine is getting a 6.8 Moda built at the moment.....they have 2 in the build at the same time......worth checking out ....he's paying less than $90k and its a wicked looking thing.....history shows that they have a quality as good as AMM and offer custom built layouts. I think that they are in Redcliffe.....Moda Marine.....also saw 2 of their smaller boats at the Tiny & Tackle Show....wow

fairpractice
27-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi Greg P or anyone, What is Sharkskin finish on unpainted platy? I have seen burnished scale effect on bare aluminium, and have heard of rubbing "penetrol" into clean aluminium. Sorry to 'hijact' thread. Amm is big scale operation compared with OOM, both viable so products must be equally good. cheers john

fishclique
27-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Yeh Greg I'm leaning more towards the Amm . The only thing is they don't have any boats available for test drives the omm just seems a better buy with all the extras you can get for the same price . But for something used primarily for offshore fishing . Ride stability and while at rest are probably the most important things . Also robbery I have seen the moda boats . Is your mate getting his setup for fishing ? Haven't heard to much about them ?

nathan dumschat
27-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Have you looked at Vindicator boats up at Gympie and Calibre boats In SA I know a few pros with Calibres and they are very happy. Worth a look before you part with the hard earned

Nathan

rodneyk
27-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Have just had a Aussie Classic custom built at Moda Marine flat floor centre cab 6.4 metre nothing was a problem . My requirements were straitfoward
a fishing boat for me my brother and 2 nephews 300ltr tank max hp 200 4stroke . Very high quality welding and finish no shortcuts i have built boats in past life but to old now to bother its a young mans game . Shane is owner of Moda Marine very SKILLED & neat Qualified Boat Builder he is currently building side by side 2 6.8 cabin boats they are fishing boats offshore . This post is not meant to be disrepectful to other builders because Amm Riptide Rebel etc all do great boats Cheers Rod

fishclique
27-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeh dumschat I really like vindicator also . My mate has one . Definitely on the list . Rodneyk I will definitely go have a look at moda next time I'm in brissy . You wouldn't be able to send me any photos of your boat would you ? And what's it handle like offshore ? Thanks mate

rodneyk
28-03-2013, 07:26 PM
My boat is starting to be painted probably 6 weeks away from water i have built 2 before 5.6 m c/c and 6.75 half cab as all plate alloy boats need to be driven to conditions . My boat has full floatation under floor built similar to survey spec but not survey reg . So in the big picture of cost of boat its gives you heaps of piece of mind and inherant safety will send photos when i can cheers Rod

Robbery
03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
My mates Moda is being built to his spec, which he tells me is what Moda are about.....what ever you want (custom he said ). His is a fishing platform but also being set up for the family and to fit the shed (height), basic foam flotation flooding kill bin, 2.2m bunks etc

fishclique
05-04-2013, 09:30 PM
thanks for all the help guy

Hemo25
06-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Have a look at this thing http://www.vicsaltfishing.forumwise.com/vicsaltfishing-thread3546.html