PDA

View Full Version : Easter 2013

2IC
26-03-2013, 07:13 AM
well for the last 2 Easter hols I have booked houses at Rainbow Beach but have pulled the pin due to huey putting up awful conditions :(so this year SWMBO said lets do a road trip instead ''sure I replied'' so we are off to see rellies & friends at Dubbo .. Canberra, Sydney & Nambucca Heads. Leaving on thursday home the following friday:). Well I've just looked at Sea breeze WTF the weather is lookin real good. So not happy!!>:(I'll be lookin at miles and miles of bitumen instead of the deep blue. So did anyone else get caught out like me???? Or are you all lucky. Happy and safe Easter.

Captain Seaweed
26-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Hi Billy,

You will enjoy your road trip mate, and regardless what the weather says, it will rain :) and if people tell you it wont or didn't,,, their lying. Out of all those places you mentioned I think you will like Sydney and Nambucca heads the best (that's if you havnt been to them before). Having said that there are a few things Canberra is good for, blue movies and fireworks...:) Enjoy your break mate and I look forward to a catch up soon.

Cheers
Marty

dunny
26-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Hey Bill
Mate thats murphys law. I am in daddy daycare mode with awsome weather predicted , the motors serviced boat clean and cant go. Our new born baby girl Charlie arrived 5 days ago and is settling down slowly. Not enough for me to go fishing though. When the weather is good after easter though lets hit Fraser eh!!!!!!!

2IC
26-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi Brendan Mate I'm the same Motor just had big service all new oils etc,,Bearings & brakes done on trailer,, all ready to go..Mate congrats on the new arrival & for sure lets hit FRASER after Easter
Cheers Bill

Still_Dreamin
26-03-2013, 01:38 PM
At least you don't have to work. I am on call sat/Sun. Have tues Wed off to make up for it. Might spend some time at mud those days.

netmaker
26-03-2013, 02:13 PM
will try and make up for you mate. aiming to spend the next week on the water...

Crunchy
26-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Been watching BOM every hour or so for the past 2 days:P ....said to fun police not to expect to see me much this Easter and no its not up for discussion:-X yeh its gunna cost me.... but too bad!

Boat Hog
26-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Heading down to the Holiday shack on Wallis Lake for Easter Bill, will do a bit of crabbing and fishing in the tinny. Good news is the Kempsey Bypass is opening tomorrow so that should speed up that part of the drive.

Have fun ..... Dubbo .... still laughing about that one!

Cheers,

Spaniard_King
26-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Bill can you book a road trip every easter for us... Weathers lookin Great :)

2IC
26-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Bill can you book a road trip every easter for us... Weathers lookin Great :)

Mate just make sure you catch some fish for me,, have a good one

2IC
26-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Heading down to the Holiday shack on Wallis Lake for Easter Bill, will do a bit of crabbing and fishing in the tinny. Good news is the Kempsey Bypass is opening tomorrow so that should speed up that part of the drive.

Have fun ..... Dubbo .... still laughing about that one!

Cheers,
JIM I'm not,, hope the crabs are around ,,, Chilli crabs with a nice Sauv Blanc ,,Yum
Cheers

mattooty
26-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Don't feel so bad mate. Some of us are voluntarily heading over that side of the mountains! I've got my fishing fix this week with the new boat so I'm heading over to see some good mates south west of Gundy at a big property and give some feral pigs a touch up!
Travel safe!

thelump
27-03-2013, 12:54 PM
That is a tale of woe Bill. The upside is Maccas Trip Planner. I prepared this with your situation and hobbies in mind.
Leg 1: Brisbane to Dubbo Thursday28th Leave Brisbane 5am arrive Dubbo 3pm AEDST. Greet rellies, drink beer.
Leg 2: Dubbo to Sydney to Canberra. Friday 29th. Leave Dubbo 5am get Mrs to drive because of hangover. Arrive Sydney 10am depart Sydney 10.01am Head to Canberra. Arrive Canberra 1pm. Travel to Fyshwick. Do whatever comes naturally. Source fireworks for 1770 M&G. Drink beer. Do whatever comes naturally. Again! Sleep.
Leg 3: Canberra to Nambucca Heads Saturday 30th. Depart Canberra 5am Arrive Nambucca Heads 1pm. Drink beer relax.
Leg 4: Nambucca to Brisbane Friday 5th. Depart Nambucca 5am. Wipe tear from eye. Drive North in a depressed state.
Holiday over.
Hope this helps.

tropicrows
27-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Brendan Mate I'm the same Motor just had big service all new oils etc,,Bearings & brakes done on trailer,, all ready to go..Mate congrats on the new arrival & for sure lets hit FRASER after Easter
Cheers Bill

I'll be in that

tropicrows
27-03-2013, 02:12 PM
well for the last 2 Easter hols I have booked houses at Rainbow Beach but have pulled the pin due to huey putting up awful conditions :(so this year SWMBO said lets do a road trip instead ''sure I replied'' so we are off to see rellies & friends at Dubbo .. Canberra, Sydney & Nambucca Heads. Leaving on thursday home the following friday:).. Happy and safe Easter.

Bill what your doing sounds a lot more fun than what I'll be doing. Painting out 2 bedrooms and shifting furniture, you enjoy the road trip and don't give me a second thought.

murf
27-03-2013, 04:36 PM
That is a tale of woe Bill. The upside is Maccas Trip Planner. I prepared this with your situation and hobbies in mind.
Leg 1: Brisbane to Dubbo Thursday28th Leave Brisbane 5am arrive Dubbo 3pm AEDST. Greet rellies, drink beer.
Leg 2: Dubbo to Sydney to Canberra. Friday 29th. Leave Dubbo 5am get Mrs to drive because of hangover. Arrive Sydney 10am depart Sydney 10.01am Head to Canberra. Arrive Canberra 1pm. Travel to Fyshwick. Do whatever comes naturally. Source fireworks for 1770 M&G. Drink beer. Do whatever comes naturally. Again! Sleep.
Leg 3: Canberra to Nambucca Heads Saturday 30th. Depart Canberra 5am Arrive Nambucca Heads 1pm. Drink beer relax.
Leg 4: Nambucca to Brisbane Friday 5th. Depart Nambucca 5am. Wipe tear from eye. Drive North in a depressed state.
Holiday over.
Hope this helps.

you forgot the mini M&G at Moonee haha

Bill, Macca is shouting at the Moonee Tavern so drop in, I am sure Mrs BoatHog will be there to appreciate fine whine too oops wine :)

cheers Murf

Funchy
27-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey Bill no matter what, be careful on the roads mate. Easter is notoriously dangerous time of year.

Personally, I am stuck at home here at Caloundra with instructions to be home by noon each day so will only get about 7 hrs fishing each day if I am on the water by 4am (which is the plan) please think of my pain as you travel, and remember to check out the Dubbo zoo mate!!!

:D

Humdinger
27-03-2013, 08:52 PM
see bill told ya a week ago was going to be good weather enjoy ya road trip and the easter traffic mate . i'll send you some pics of the calm water .
dont forget to take some warm clothes ha ha

Spaniard_King
27-03-2013, 08:57 PM
yeh Bill, meee too will send ya some pics as well :)

shincism1
27-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Mackay to gold coast and back on my 4 days off. And moving house.

shincism1
27-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Driving mackay to gold coast and back that is. After waking at 4:40 tomorrow. Working, then driving from moranbah back to mackay. Then loading the car and night tripping to gold coast.

tunaticer
28-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I had everything planned nicely, right down to the snapper and jewfish meals at night, then i decided I will be working straight through easter this year.

netmaker
28-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Bill what your doing sounds a lot more fun than what I'll be doing. Painting out 2 bedrooms and shifting furniture, you enjoy the road trip and don't give me a second thought.

you mean you've actually finished the bathroom???

burleygu
29-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Bill don't stress mate! Im going to be covered in firbreglass from head to toe and ill probably have more stuck to me then I will the actual boat. hull and transom makeover to handle a 200+ hp motor or heavier 4 stroke.

lucee81
29-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Don't be daft. He's just put that on hold till after the other rooms.

Humdinger
29-03-2013, 07:11 PM
bill sorry to have to tell ya but someone has to
was a great day offshore today had the boat sitting at 4500 rpm everywhere near glassed out conditions
caught 5 pearlies 1 yellowfin 1 bonito and a couple of mack tuna
really dont like to rub it in like this but i noticed that no one else has

how are the potholes where you are lol

tropicrows
02-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Don't be daft. He's just put that on hold till after the other rooms.

Easter, glad it's over. Had one day break painted and shifted furniture all the rest. But now its all finished no more painting for me... A word of warning, if your children tell you I want my room painted in a blue or green etc be prepared to put a lot of paint on to change it back to a light cream etc. I used 12 liters of paint in two ave size bedrooms.

Dave you cheeky bastard, the bathrooms were finished long ago.

To all those who did exciting things like fishing, well done I hope you caught a few, i'll be out there soon, one day.