PDA

View Full Version : well i have a name....

flying saucer
25-03-2013, 09:41 PM
hey people, am going to invest in a new... new new boat when i get back from travelling... just looking for something to fish bays, the odd lake and to head a bit offshore to hunt some sharks, tuna etc...
have my heart set on the 489 northern fisher with a 70hp yammy 4S on it... what do you all think...
also info on what sorta gps/sounder units you think are the ducks nuts?? sorta just wanna get it right the first time... money is a factor.. but not a huge one... as i believe that ya cant take it with you when you go...

oh... i already have a name for it

MudRiverDan
25-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Campbell Newmans perks

flying saucer
25-03-2013, 09:57 PM
mate what????

Boat Hog
26-03-2013, 04:45 AM
mate what????

Don't worry about it mate ..... none of us really understand Mud River Dan!

astro66
26-03-2013, 05:59 AM
489 northern fisher

Back In Black
26-03-2013, 06:28 AM

I'm glad its not just me??

lucee81
26-03-2013, 07:08 AM

I reckon it's cause he has a conversation with himself and posts the results.

Jarrah Jack
26-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Where are you launching from for the tuna and sharks? Most of these northerner types don't understand our fascination for sharks down here so its best to call sharks spanish, which is close to mexican anyway, but don't put up any pics or they'll be a few coffee's spilt on keyboads.

BTW It would also be best not to let on that our "spanish" are bigger, better eating, and have more teeth that the northern spanish.

Bros
26-03-2013, 09:30 AM
oh... i already have a name for it

Are you going to let us know the secret?

fisho64
26-03-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: well I have a name-489 northern fisher

Its not very imaginative and is a bit of a mouthful if making a distress call but at least its unique and not offensive....

netmaker
26-03-2013, 12:05 PM
money is a factor.. but not a huge one... as i believe that ya cant take it with you when you go...

i am an avid believer in this too. and don't forget the other good part - "but you can leave your bills";D

netmaker
26-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Where are you launching from for the tuna and sharks? Most of these northerner types don't understand our fascination for sharks down here so its best to call sharks spanish, which is close to mexican anyway, but don't put up any pics or they'll be a few coffee's spilt on keyboads.

BTW It would also be best not to let on that our "spanish" are bigger, better eating, and have more teeth that the northern spanish.

i thought your favourite spanish were all gums and no teeth?

flying saucer
26-03-2013, 12:35 PM
hey it's gonna be a stinkin' Mexican boat... chasing sharks off the surfcoast from barwon heads to Apollo Bay... tuna and that will mostly be off warrnambool and Portland...
not 100% sure as I've lived in Darwin (8yrs) then kalgoorlie (2yrs)... so gotta sorta find my feet back in vic