PDA

View Full Version : New jet ski which one

propdinger
21-03-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm looking at getting a ski but not sure which one I like the Yamaha fxho cruiser but honda are so much cheaper which one you buy and why please. Mostly for fishing as well as towing people and taking wife for a burn ( if she will get on it)

Thanks
Jeff

Shark Poker
21-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Hey Propdinger,
I was asking the same question (s) this time last year.
Before going on about my choices, I am wondering what your expectations are and if you had much to do with them before?

Seahorse
21-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Jeff
I have 2 yammy HO cruisers. I bought first in 2010 and then a new one in jan this year.
I love the yammy. Never had a prob, thats why i bought another. I fish of mine all the time. Plenty of room , very stable.
I stuck to the HO Cruiser rather than the SHO. dont need the supercharged, just more fuel.
I put sounder/gps..

propdinger
21-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Fat buoy I'm wanting something I can chuck in the water with less hassle than the boat. Want to explore places like 1770 Gladstone Mackey etc. have only ridin a stand up one years ago. Want to fish the bay and outside as well

propdinger
21-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Seahorse thanks I have seen your posts I don't want supercharger want reliability that's why I'm looking new

propdinger
21-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Seahorse do you know how far you get out of a tank thanks

Shark Poker
21-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Well that is interesting. I never really had anything to do with them at all before buying one.
Just assumed, If I did it in a 12 foot tinnie - can do it in anything...

Yes it is certainly less hassle to chuck in the water.
But the first time I made it out to one of my fav beacons in the bay there was a 'wow' feeling of achievement. In a normal boat you do not feel that.

There are some very good posts on here re choice of product, set up etc. And I agree with the guys very much.
By the way I purchased a used Sea Doo from a local company that services, occasionally buys and sells.
Good luck with everything!

Shagga
21-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Love my Yamaha.

Lucky_Phill
21-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Jeff,

Best thing about the Yammies is the space available on the " duckboard " .

Mine is a naturally aspirated model. Good on fuel and I believe I have a 120k range at cruise speed.

Put two people on it, some gear in the esky and some rough water, it will act like a boat and almost halve fuel economy.

The Yammies also have the 3 seater , which is in fact a very spacious 2 seater. Comfortable for two up travel.

No updated pic, so an old one will do....

I might be out on it this weekend..........

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Waverunner/bp5302541406158367745_zps52716235.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/Waverunner/SANY0152640x480_zps26a0fa7c.jpg

cheers Phill

Seahorse
22-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Shagga, i know the feeling. Love my Yamaha.
Jeff, not sure about k's per tank as i only fish the bay. I would expect around 90 k's.
If you go into facebook and look up brisbane jet ski club, then you will find that answer.
Its a great forum for info on all jet ski's.
Phill, where u heading over weekend? I am going over Rous tomorrow to chase some whiting and give Harrys a hit on way back.

Cheers
Greg

Shagga
22-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Greg,

I would love to tag along on a trip with you one day. I have to work tommorrow unfortunately. I want to do alot more fishing around the bay islands this winter but I dont know this area well enough to go alone. I am not looking for anyones spot x, just some valued navigation skills for the area.

Regards

Gary.

Seahorse
22-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Gary
Anytime u wanta mate.
Mate and i are going out to the rous tomorrow to chase some whiting first, then out to sandhills.

Cheers
Greg

Shagga
22-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks Greg. I will send you a PM after easter and we can tee up a trip. Good luck tomorrow and have a great weekend.

Gary.

JB sniper
22-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey Jeff, my mate is selling his yamaha fx ho cruiser 1800, 2011 model with sounder rod holders esky rack. Hard top trailer all safety gear, anchor. pretty much everything needed to fish off. Ski tube etc. pm me if you want any details or a ph no.

Cheers JB

terryc
23-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi Jeff,
I went through the same decision making recently, one of my sons purchased 2007 3 seater honda turbo in mint cond at xmas, great ski plenty of storage more nimble than the Yam fxho, however Honda also wetter. I ended up getting 2009 yamaha fxsho and i think it is great, other son purchased 2009 yamaha fzsho. We did a trip recently together and Honda used 30 litres fuel my yam used 40 litres, fz used 43 ltrs. we all 3 swapped skis for a short time and we each preferred our own ski. My honda son would have liked to get the bigger honda 15, reckons that would be great. Yamaha fx is very popular and for that reason should be better on resale. I looked at hondas and got sick of seeing rusty turbos, however i still think honda made a good ski. regards terry

propdinger
23-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys that's very helpful jb sniper pm on its way

Thanks again guys