PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

sliMfish
18-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey guys,

I probably shouldn't ask this but my rod was left in a mates ute and the tip has snapped... There is still warranty on it. What are the chances of getting it replaced when it didn't happen fishing? Do you think they could spot the difference?

Ta.

timddo
18-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Be honest and man up or just tell them, while you we're pulling a bream up it snapped.

Shark Poker
18-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I hope it was not an expensive or beloved rod, however, claiming warranty on a broken tip seems too funny to me.
Pauly

Steeler
18-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I am thinking why even think about being dishonest. If you stuffed up then wear it.

Spaniard_King
18-03-2013, 08:16 PM
They know what a rod break should look like, IMO your gunna be dissapointed in the outcome.

rods break differently in cars compared to bream

Gon Fishun
18-03-2013, 09:23 PM
If it was being legal in the ute, claim it through the his CTP insurance. :P

sleepygreg
18-03-2013, 11:02 PM
the short answer to the underlying question....yes they can tell how a break occured to the rod. most broken tips do NOT happen fishing...well...not playing a fish or casting. Plenty get broken while being transported, caught in ceiling fans, walked on, closed in car doors, caught on trees/bushes when walking in to fishing spots, high sticking, hanging over gunnels of boats when approching pontoons.....but the most common of all.....the know it all who insists on bending the tip between thumb and forefinger to test the 'sensitivity and strength' of the rod - this will destroy any graphite rod tip - guaranteed (these twits are the bane of the tackle shop owner).

SUPERDAFF
19-03-2013, 12:33 AM
And some people wonder why we wind up paying the prices we do ..

Where's your integrity ?!!?

split-shot
19-03-2013, 07:31 AM
If you purchased the rod through tackle land at Sandgate and you tell them that you broke it in the back of the ute, I have been led to believe.they will charge you a minimal fee to replace the rod. Suggest you approach the business that you purchased the rod from and see if they offer the same service.

Shark Poker
19-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey, sliMfish never actually said that he wanted to lie to anyone.
Perhaps he thinks that warranty would cover general durability in the normal event of being transported in a ute ?? (it is possible)

so, slimFish, what are you going to do? I will bet that I am not the only one with a rod somewhere that needs a repair!
Pauly

sliMfish
19-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Apparently BCF can repair rods for a small fee. Might just end up doing that if it is possible.
Other then that if its a no go that shimano raider looks nice ;) aha

Still_Dreamin
19-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Berkeley have the expeditor warranty that replaces it a reduced price

sliMfish
23-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Berkeley have the expeditor warranty that replaces it a reduced price
What would that price be exactly?

Master4Med2
23-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Be honest with the shopkeeper, you might be surprised with the outcome, especially if the shopkeeper has a good repour with the rod manufacturer’s rep.

Regards

master4med2

By the way I'm an ex tackle store owner.

sleepygreg
28-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I still fail to understand why the manufacturer/seller of a product should be liable for the users carelessness/stupidity/abuse/over hyped expectations (expecting a product to do things it was never designed to do)....then cop scorn because they 'invoke their warranty'.

Also ex tackle store owner and custom rod builder.

Greg