PDA

View Full Version : just another ramp rant

netmaker
13-03-2013, 11:06 AM
do rude pricks grow on trees these days or something? i could not believe this bloke at raby bay this morning. on my way back in just after 10am i notice a bit of activity at the ramp. someone is putting in a pontoon. dirty big crane there with its legs spread out took up 3 and 1/4 of the 4 lanes at the ramp. on the right there was a jet ski and a seajay with a 40hp on back, then the crane and just enough room on the left to get the trailer down. figured the seajay and jetski were with the pontoon as they had no trailer access on that side. i figured wrong. old mate with the seajay who had been gas bagging with the pontoon people all of a sudden bolts to his car and as i'm half way to my car he reverses his trailer down the left side, parks it and then walks round the crane and starts his boat to bring it to the correct side of the ramp to put on his trailer. he had been yakking since i could see him on my way back in and beat me out the carpark by less than 10 seconds.
where do they come from?
at least i brought home 13 sandies...

thelump
13-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Are they for the BBQ tomorrow night Dave?

cobiaman
13-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I think he said he is saving them for friday night

Scott Ashe
13-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Well done with the Sandies mate. Enjoy

WalrusLike
13-03-2013, 12:17 PM
It's only fair that you buggers who get to go out any old time should suffer the rude ramp users like we weekenders do too.

It's your own fault for having such a sweetly set up life Nettie. :)

Do I sound jealous?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

netmaker
13-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Are they for the BBQ tomorrow night Dave?

so long as i get dinner for the missus tonight the rest will come with me to wooli. was pretty happy with the result for a few hours. i left 3 out which i will bring home tomorrow and hopefully will have a few more to throw on the barby with some of bruces chili oil.

netmaker
13-03-2013, 12:27 PM
sorry graeme. barby night is thursday. pub or chinese friday - cant remember which.

daveo17
13-03-2013, 12:55 PM
hows the water colour out that way?

netmaker
13-03-2013, 02:05 PM
still a bit brown but obviously not too fresh for the crabs any more.

LittleSkipper
13-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Me personally I can't see the big deal that your old mate in the Seajay beat you to the punch before you did?

Perhaps his legs are faster than yours?

netmaker
13-03-2013, 07:25 PM
i think it is known as etiquette or consideration. it is poor form to hold other ramp users up because you are talking. only 1 lane was available and he had been parked on the wrong side of the ramp since the ramp was in my view. i hardly sneaked up on them with my 2 stroke. i would truly hope that ramp etiquette doesn't come down to who can run faster as it won't get any better for me from here on in...

marto78
13-03-2013, 07:51 PM
You obviously weren't best dressed today mate. 8-)

Bloody crane drivers chatting to boaties and taking up all the lanes >:(>:(

LOL Netmaker ;D

TREVELLY
13-03-2013, 08:02 PM
i hardly sneaked up on them with my 2 stroke.

He might have shown you some respect if you had a 4 stroke ;D

And if not at least you could have snuck up and beaten him to the car.

WalrusLike
13-03-2013, 08:22 PM
And if not at least you could have snuck up and beaten him to the car.

Nah his shirts are too loud to sneak up on anyone...... :)

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

bigjimg
13-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe he was negotiating with the crane operator to lift his boat boat onto his trailer and just as you arrived was told to F--- off. Life apparently revolves exclusively around himself and you just don't matter.Thought everyone knew that. I have heard that the Bay is crawling with crab at the moment,well done. Jim

Vromme
14-03-2013, 08:31 AM
I like to always be nice. Usually ends up making people feel like they are a being a tool (unless they under influence of drugs, alc or extreme stupidity.)

Sometimes there comes a time not to be nice but most morons wake up to themselves before then.