PDA

View Full Version : Esky and speargun storage help needed....

aidbox
11-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Hey all,
After some ideas, info or advice on the following modiifcations to cut down on crap in the boat. I have a centre cab walk around plate boat, Im after:

1. IDeas/inventions for storing spearguns (was thinking some big PVC on the roof of the cab- if i can find any big/wide enough)
2. How to stop esky sliding at the front of the boat ( I have a alk around and can sit it up the front out of the road- was thinking of welding a bracket to the flor for it to sit in-a guy reccommended velcro to the checkerplate??)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Corry
11-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Look at maybe some downpipe for the speargun, I don't have one but there could be some brackets made to hold it up under the gunnel along a pocket or something.
With the esky, I'd go for something flush if you can, so when it's not there, there isn't anything to stand on. Maybe there is way to clip/strap it back to the centre cab.

Maybe chuck some photo's up of the boat so we can see what we've got to suggest ideas. Photo's with and without the esky would be good.

Corry

Blackened
12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
G'day

Have my Rabitech gun mounted in some downpipe sucessfully, just have some rope tied to the end and around the handle to keep it there.

Dave

Shark Poker
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM
You will not need to weld any thing to the floor.
An angle or box section can be rivetted, even screwed (with tef-gel or similar used) or even adhered with a sealant. This can position the box easily.

Or you could look at the sliding/adjustable tracks....

I do not know about spear gun storage, but the common solution to boat storage is to clean out every item and review WHERE it goes and IF it stays on board.

Pauly

mattooty
13-03-2013, 06:54 AM
A piece of pvc with an expanding joint in one end. Small screw on each side with a small occy strap to go around the handle holding it in. Best if angled slightly downwards with drainage holes in each end.