PDA

View Full Version : Boat addition ideas- help needed

aidbox
11-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey all,
After some ideas, info or advice on the following modiifcations to cut down on crap in the boat. I have a centre cab walk around plate boat, Im after:

1. IDeas/inventions for storing spearguns (was thinking some big PVC on the roof of the cab- if i can find any big/wide enough)
2. How to stop esky sliding at the front of the boat ( I have a alk around and can sit it up the front out of the road- was thinking of welding a bracket to the flor for it to sit in-a guy reccommended velcro to the checkerplate??)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

WalrusLike
11-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Generally best not to put toe stubbers on the deck if you can avoid it. Depending on your setup maybe a couple of pieces of right angle alli on the front of the console....

With a hole in the horizontal sticking out forward rounded corner faces. Glue similar on esky and put a bolt or pin through them when esky is against console. Tie the pins on some good cord so it's always there and can't be lost.

If the brackets are rounded edged then barking your shin against the bracket sticking an inch or two out of the front of the console is less likely than stubbing your toe.

Just one way to go... It may not be suited to your setup and there may be better methods. I doubt if Velcro would be up to this particular job.

Good luck with it.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

Sheik
11-03-2013, 11:16 PM
I agree about the toe stubbing, or tripping on the way up front.
ANgle sounds good idea too, or depending on the boat, what about bolts through the cab and through the esky with wing nuts that do up inside the esky. Take the bolts out when you move the esky, do them up with plastic washers or maybe keeping ice not super important with that particular esky?
dunno

marto78
12-03-2013, 07:21 AM
I bolted a couple of recessed tie down points in my floor for my esky seat and just use ratchet straps to hold them in place. When not in use they sit flush with the deck so no toe stubbing and most importantly in my boat nothing sticking up itno your back when your trying to sleep.

http://www.tiedownsdirect.com.au/products/Reccessed-Tie-Down-Point.html