PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Wraps Hervey Bay

kiter01
06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey Guys,

Sort of new to AUSFISH so here goes nothinghttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon10.png

I'm starting to vinyl wrap boats now so I am just wondering how many people would be interested in doing this,

I am capable of printing full custom vinyl wraps on my large format solvent printer, or I have access to solid colour wrap vinyls if you are just looking at a colour change.

The wrap vinyl is very durable, being abit softer than paint it can take normal hits from crab pots/ anchor chain ect.. where paint would usually chip.

It is also easier to maintain, easier to clean and protects your boat so when you go to sell it peel off the vinyl wrap and you reveal the brand new boat you wrapped in the first place therefore increasing resale value.

If you like the look of the aluminium there is a clear vinyl so I could put a clear protector over your hull to protect and stop corrosion.

Thoughts and expressions of intrest

Thanks for reading guys
Josh

(kiter01)

copie
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Whats the average cost of doing a 5m alloy hull

Mark

Floating Rib
06-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Josh , will you have a website up and running?, imagine people would like to see examples of what can be done.

Firsttimefisherman
06-03-2013, 08:54 PM
There's a chance I'd be interested.

Mr__Bean
06-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Like others I too am interested in guideline pricing.

Nothing to be held to, just a very rough idea on a couple of known size hulls.

Price for sides only, price for full wrap, etc etc.

Very rough price will do most of us to get an appreciation.

Thanks,

Darren

kiter01
06-03-2013, 09:07 PM
copie : 5m plate at a rough estimate would be around $2000 - $2500

Floating Rib : Website is under way, Will post a link when completed

Firsttime : let me know when you are ready and we can work something out

cormorant
06-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi Josh

How does the wrap go when on car paint?

Sick to death of stone chips ( hate teh look of teh perspex guards) and also girls rings scratching around doorhandles. Do you heat it to remove it and is there any residue? Does the paint have any issues.

Good luck with your business

kiter01
06-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Hey cormorant. Yeah cars are possible with the clear protector. As for paint I have to say there is chance for damage to cover myself but generally on a factory paint job the vinyl will come right off with no residue left behind at all. And yeah you were right just a little bit of heat helps release the adhesive.

3m hull roughly - $900
4m hull roughly - $1200
5m hull roughly - $2000

(Prices are not a quote and will be going up in time with experience) so get in quick ;)

Firsttimefisherman
07-03-2013, 05:12 AM
I used to put vinyl wraps on my car and it came off easily by leaving the vehicle outside on a hot day and using a hair dryer on the smaller peices. That was thick material which was easier to remove.