PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate plate boats any good ???

JB sniper
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Hey lads, my mate is looking at these ultimate plate boats. Ultimateboats.com.au . Anybody own one or know what there like, they look ok but would like some feedback if anybody has one.

Cheers JB

Nicko_Cairns
03-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I've heard they look tidy in terms of welding etc, price doesn't include trailer so make sure you find out exactly what's included, can't remember the deadrise but it wasn't very sharp, so I'd go for a testdrive in some ordinary conditions to see how it holds up. Good price.

Hey lads, my mate is looking at these ultimate plate boats. Ultimateboats.com.au . Anybody own one or know what there like, they look ok but would like some feedback if anybody has one.

Cheers JB

JB sniper
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
They look tidy on the website, but look pretty blunt in the front. He is looking at the 6.2 model. Currently looking to sell his v19c just boat and trailer keeping the 140 suz for the back of it. But agree he needs to go out in some slop to find out. Any feed back is great thanks.

Cheers JB

Moffy
03-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Their sales guff really turns me off - check out their ebay ads - and you will see what i mean.

A test ride in a bit of slop would be a must before handing over any $$$ - seem to be very shallow vee....

Smithy
04-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Keep the V19C. Why would you go to a tinny?

cobiaman
04-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Their sales guff really turns me off - check out their ebay ads - and you will see what i mean.

"Do the other brand of plate boats come with unlimited sea sickness tablets"

Pure gold i reckon...

Jeff72
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Going to be a BIG difference in ride quality from the 19c. Looks like a shallow v and not very sharp entry so expect it so ride similar to a pressed tinny IMHO. Better plate boats around if that's what he wants. Also heaps of great CC glass boats coming from the states worth considering

Jeff

JB sniper
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the feed back lads. he has started doing a lot of wreck fishing and wants to mount a big electric on the front of the centre console . That's the only reason he's looking to change.

Towie0
04-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Try ABBS -- Aust Boat Building Services they do plate ally.

I have a 4.5 with 4mm plate & 3mm sides/top i cant recall the bigger sizes they do but a very good finished product & rides fantastic alot better than my 5m quin trophy..
I think they did a 7m

Boat Hog
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
From Ebay; "Melbourne and Sydney buyers add $2500.00 for freight"

Ha ha ..... I think that's how they make a profit! Funny, no freight difference from Melb to Sydney????