PDA

View Full Version : Daintree River

The Mad Cat
03-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Does the Daintree produce many fish, there's some good snags and smaller creeks there but no fish. Was talking to other fishmen and no one was getting anything. Is it just a quite time or is this normal ?

TMC

Corry
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Wow, glad we went over to Karumba then, we were planning on Daintree and Endevour Rivers, ended up at Karumba for 3 weeks, had a ball, caught some good fish.

I would have thought Daintree would be good to fish, wouldn't have thought it would be too flogged.

Corry

Shark Poker
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
My last 3 trips up that way proved that is more wind/tide conditions than location.
I spent 2 and a half days fishing one small area. Later on the third day on a different tide, you could have speared the barra!
But PLEASE spend an hour or two out on the mouth of the river.
Don't feel bad if you wind in your line as the giant trevally come past, we did too.
And if you get a chance to look at the bigger rivers north towards Cooktown, go for it.
Pauly

Towie0
04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Water is too warm atm but the wet season looks to have started today so a fresh wash out should help it along...

Nicko_Cairns
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
mate you should PM Daintreeboy and Moffy, they grew up there so can point you in the right direction. Plenty of historical posts on this website about the Daintree river too so worth a search.

Daintreeboy
04-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Just got off the phone to my brother who had a fish there for a few hours Saturday Arvo. They got 4 good Golden Trevally, 4 kilos to 8 kilos. Also got a few nice finger mark with a couple going 60 cm. it can be a tricky river but has good fish that can be caught most times.

Nicko_Cairns
04-03-2013, 08:55 PM
^^ speak of the devil..