PDA

View Full Version : whats it worth 620 barcrusher 07 model

rosco1974
24-02-2013, 07:01 PM
whats a 2007 620c barcrusher worth,has 150hp yammie 4 stroke 400 hrs,585 furuno 1kw tranny,shitty garmin 5 inch plotter,trim tabs usual safty gear..no anchor winch...i have a bloke keen on tradin this on the cat and have no idea...there are 2 for sale boatpoint 1 is 52k other is 59k both have anchor winches and similar electrics 440hrs and the dearer one has 120hrs...i am guessing somewhere aroun the 45-47k mark what do you fellas recon
cheers rosco

thylacene
24-02-2013, 07:26 PM
A few things for consideration. If the boats on boat point are at a dealer, they will be looking to make a 5-8% profit, and still expecting to discount a bit for a "cash" deal, or have a couple of grand over trade up their sleeves.

It depends on whether you intend to cover your cost of holding it, or are going to use it as your primary boat. If you are looking to onselling, you want it owing the right money. Just because there are two for sale at the prices quoted doesn't mean they are priced right. Getting sales data on 2nd hand boats is a challenge.

No idea what it is worth, but some history in motor industry. Allow a moderate slice for commercial consideration when using adverts as the basis for estimation.

Then again, if you are going to use it as your boat, then see how it stacks up against similar.

The cost of money, while low, still adds up if you are hanging on to it for months.

Jarrah Jack
24-02-2013, 08:11 PM
It will be worth more in Victoria which can be said for a number of boats. They're built there and don't come up as often as you would think and don't seem to stay on the market long either.

Unless its a boat you really want you need to be hardassed about the deal with a combination of getting top dollar for yours and paying bottom dollar for his.

Get Murf to bring it down and we'll sell the BC for you;)

Scott79
24-02-2013, 08:45 PM
I would be surprised with anything south of 50k, sight unseen and assuming it is in good condition. In your trade scenario though, I think the thing that is more relevant is how much cash will come with it, then work out what you are getting the BC for, based on what you reckon you could sell the cat for.
Scott.

timddo
24-02-2013, 08:55 PM
$40,000 is more realistic in price. Remember it's 5 years old.
Car dealers up your trade in price but also up their price on their vehicles.
If the boat is in high demand, why doesn't the owner just sell it. Trade in values should always be 15% lower then private sales.

cormorant
24-02-2013, 08:58 PM
As anyone selling boats over 30k at the minute knows it is a tough market out there- NSW is on it's knees. Lots of damaged boats from floods and insurance stuff about and more mining layoffs with toys being sold and possibly a stagnent market till election is sorted. Not the time to be holding boats not being used. I know of 2 recent purchases 30% under listed price and they weren't overvallued much but sellers wanted out of their toys. Cash is king - play hard.

Are they driverway decorations with such low hours or had repowers!! Perhaps the owners spend all their time at the physio and back doctors. Maybe a back surgeon has prescribed a cat.

Scott79
24-02-2013, 09:01 PM
$40,000 is more realistic in price. Remember it's 5 years old.

No chance mate, when was the last time you saw one for 40k?

Scott79
24-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Trade in values should always be 15% lower then private sales.

I believe that probably only has relevance when a dealer is involved, with overheads, warranty etc etc etc. roscoe's scenario is a little different, and not knowing anything other than his first post, he may have somebody with cash in their pocket ready to upgrade. As cormorant has said, things are tight in some areas at the moment, probably easier to find someone ready to spend 50k than a hundred.
Scott.

Crunchy
24-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Has it got rigideck and wavepiecer?

rosco1974
24-02-2013, 09:32 PM
the cat is a 2400 kevlacat crunchy has a wavepiercer....as scott has said this bloke has the cash and his boat...just trying to put the right figure on it,and gettin it at the right changeover price will be over the 50k but how much i dont know this is why the question was asked...

Horse
24-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Rosco, the big number is what you want to have left in your pocket after the trade. I would say anything much over $50K + trade would be cream for you. The BC would tick quite a few boxes for the boat you are looking for

Dicktracey
24-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Is it Perry ? ;) At least i will be able to keep up to you now Rosco :LMAO:

Tangles
24-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Roscoe, not my place re values of a BC but for me its not about screwing down the other guy as far as you can, more about what you feel is right in the deal and making sure the other guy feels comfortable as well, do you want the BC? is it something your keen on?

if it hits those numbers your comfortable with doesnt really matter what his and your boat is valued at....you have your ballparks on his BC and on your KC, both will be high, what does he need to give you to move you out of your KC with boat plus cash and your happy and dont feel done over...

reckon you should have a figure bottomline changeover your comfortable with... if it doesnt get there just walk away and dont waste the time...you still have a great boat and the crabs are running.

Your looking at the right price for the KC and he is for the BC...you can both knock each other down on boat values all day and you both argue respective boats up all day...and does he have to move or not?...

Captain Seaweed
25-02-2013, 04:21 AM
I couldnt agree more Tangles, whatever makes you comfy mate. I guess whats more important is do you want a Barcrusher or are you using this as a stepping stone move to another boat? You have made your mind up its time for a boat change and finding people that have the cash for a KC can be hard, this may be a good option. There are a few owners on here that would give you an honest report on here. I would do the deal.

TREVELLY
25-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Sometimes you just have to grab it and run and as long as you have no regrets with this then it is the right thing to do.

Sounds like you have no concerns about the rig exchange only the cost of the barcrusher - but as others have said the value put on your boat and the value put on the other is not the point but rather the difference - and if that amount is what you expect then both are at the right amount.

Do the usual and get the motor thoroughly checked and have a good look over the boat especially the inside sub-floor and transom with a torch for any signs of stress or cracking.

Hope it works out for you - should be a nice sized economical rig.

patrol50
25-02-2013, 03:44 PM
gady rosco if i came across a 620 barcrusher ( or a surtees better still that it derives from ) with a 150 4 s yam 400 hrs in 6 years and it all checked out really good with little real hard apparent use for about $50K id think that be pretty ok - IMHO top off shore boat and a pretty good ob
cheers

rosco1974
25-02-2013, 06:56 PM
fellas the deal was done this arvo,cat will go to its new home next week when all the crap is settled..the new buyer is changing my and his furuno gear over at trymax at his exspence,full service of the yammie and new trailer tyre on his trailer by him...all in all didnt screw him just got a deal myself and new owner was happy with..prob ended up with a shade over 100k for the cat which is good money for them in this financial climate....good deal...only went to this tinny cause the drivers seat has a air bag under it .lol...thanks for the info took it all onboard...the cat will be used out of 1770 as this is where it will be stored...only thing i will do to the new boat is a hds 10 plotter and i will be happy as...oh and if i crack the shits with it i will swap marty for his cat...
cheers rosco
air time no more...might name it SORE ASS.lol

Dicktracey
25-02-2013, 07:47 PM
How about Pile Driver ? Be a hit with the Pink Drink Sippers ;)

Tangles
25-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Rosco,

plenty of fishing room in the 620BC and you wont have any problem handling 8 pots either.

rosco1974
25-02-2013, 08:33 PM
pretty happy with the outcome mike...will do everything i want it to do for the time being...will deffinately get another cat later down the track...do the browny points thing with the missus ...see if i can put 450 hrs on it in 2 yrs like i did the cat

robsue
25-02-2013, 09:00 PM
well Rosco, the missus will be happy with the new kitchen im sure....and im sure you will be happy with the cooking, i know you are smart enough not to complain if it is otherwise
decided on the forecast not to put the pots in yesterday for an overnighter

cheers
Robin

Horse
25-02-2013, 09:00 PM
It looks like everything worked out well Rosco. The BC will go everywhere you want to go even if a little slower.

thelump
25-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Just imagine how long I will have to wait at the bar for you now Rosco::)

rosco1974
25-02-2013, 09:43 PM
yeah macca,i have just lost my advantage over you blokes.lol...but am sure i will pull a few fish over the side of it in a few months time..have to get use to driving a tin ass again....will be a good thing i am sure...just looking at a hds 10 for it as i type this.lol..the cook has even told me i can get one for it....knowing my luck she will get her new kitchen and still burn my bloody dinner.lol

Scott79
25-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Good stuff mate, sounds like a good outcome.
Regardless of the dollar value, it sounds as though it has been much easier than advertising and putting up with the long line of time wasters, stupid offers etc., and then still have to turn around and find a good deal on a replacement boat you are happy with. Can't imagine a better scenario.
Good luck with the replacement.
Scott.

wave dancer
26-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Dont stress Rosco, if you need a fix behind the wheel of a fast cat just jump behind the wheel of mine you can also relive your call sign of air time, lol. I am sure you will love the BC in no time and as said it ticks all the right boxes for you. Lets hope this weather fines up so you can put some fish blood all over it and get some mud from the crab pots on it. Fun times ahead.

Cheers Mick...

cormorant
26-02-2013, 10:44 AM
If you are serious about the airbag seat and it isn't justa wind issue can we have a photo when it is all settled?

Rare to find a swap with acceptable terms so you have struck gold and have cash in the bank and probably a boat you can fish out of 1770 on! You might have to go up and show him the ropes of driving the cat as a excuse to get up there.

Scott Ashe
26-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Good luck with the new boat Rosco, and I'm sure it won't be long before you bring more great fish and crab aboard, it sounds like your fairly happy with your deal.
Cheers

fisho8
26-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Good to see you got a deal that you are happy with Rosco It will be a bit of an adjustment going back to a mono hull mate but it won't be long haha welcome back to the mono club lol hope you have just as much fun in it mate.

Cheers Mick.

2IC
26-02-2013, 03:49 PM
WELL WELL Rosco a BC back into the the old tinny & mono hull . I thought you were a CATMAN for life,, welcome to the life of sore ass & sore knees lol,, as Macca said we will be waiting for ya at the bar might be enough time for coffee & cake..haaaha ,but mate hope it all goes well in the new TINNY./ see ya out there

mull dog
26-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Good stuff Rosco. Glad it all worked out. Never hurts having a few spare dollars in the back pocket.

rosco1974
26-02-2013, 06:30 PM
had another look over it this arvo,fairly good nic...get the printouts tomorrow for the yammie and its gettin a full service..pretty happy with the deal....worse case i will use it for a bit then sell it on...
billl,
still a cat man mate but this is just a little stepping stone mate to get me brownie points then who knows a couple of yrs time i think you will see the next cat surface..
not sure how true it is but a few reviews i have seen have these things doing 38 knts with a 150 etec at 5000rpm..the bloke i am gettin it from says it has hit 79.1k/hr wot...think thats faster than the cat...but at the end of the day it will do just nicely till i get the first 20knt trip home from offshore...

Horse
26-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Rosco. The Barcrusher throttle actually has settings between flat out and idle unlike the Cat. Just use those when the 20knts hit

cobiaman
26-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Rosco. The Barcrusher throttle actually has settings between flat out and idle unlike the Cat. Just use those when the 20knts hit

They have other speeds ???

Axl
26-02-2013, 07:35 PM
had another look over it this arvo,fairly good nic...get the printouts tomorrow for the yammie and its gettin a full service..pretty happy with the deal....worse case i will use it for a bit then sell it on...
billl,
still a cat man mate but this is just a little stepping stone mate to get me brownie points then who knows a couple of yrs time i think you will see the next cat surface..
not sure how true it is but a few reviews i have seen have these things doing 38 knts with a 150 etec at 5000rpm..the bloke i am gettin it from says it has hit 79.1k/hr wot...think thats faster than the cat...but at the end of the day it will do just nicely till i get the first 20knt trip home from offshore...

Good on you mate glad to hear that you are happy with the deal at the end of the day thats all that maters, I look forward to seeing you out there in the new rig.

rosco1974
26-02-2013, 08:44 PM
yeah mate,it will cop a fair bit over the next 6 weeks or so with the crabs and maks in the bay....and hopefully a few trips offshore

madmackrel
26-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the family my barcrusher bro.

Horse
26-02-2013, 09:36 PM
They have other speeds ???
Perry's is the model with only two speeds

rosco1974
06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
well fellas i pulled out the deal today,too many hold ups the other party wanting more and more and at the end of the day i hit a point that i said bugger it and pulled out,wasnt happy with the barcrusher and knew this thing would be on the market within a week or two so rang a few mates working in a few boat yards and found out what a realistic price i would get if i sold it,was well below what i thought and at the end of the day i would sell my cat for mid to high 80 k and have the same deal as what i was getting now...might as well get another snapper season out of it at worst and then sell it..if it sells b4 hand all well and good...sorry perry but the only tin can i want is one with beer inside. thanks for all your info mate much appreciated..air time lives again..
cheers rosco

cobiaman
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
well fellas i pulled out the deal today,too many hold ups the other party wanting more and more and at the end of the day i hit a point that i said bugger it and pulled out,wasnt happy with the barcrusher and knew this thing would be on the market within a week or two so rang a few mates working in a few boat yards and found out what a realistic price i would get if i sold it,was well below what i thought and at the end of the day i would sell my cat for mid to high 80 k and have the same deal as what i was getting now...might as well get another snapper season out of it at worst and then sell it..if it sells b4 hand all well and good...sorry perry but the only tin can i want is one with beer inside. thanks for all your info mate much appreciated..air time lives again..
cheers rosco

At least now you will be able to head out this weekend rosco!

rosco1974
06-03-2013, 09:31 PM
yeah mate,might head over to moreton for a look at a few macks,also heard a little rumor that the squid and tings are on at the big sandhills...will wait and see.i recon it wont get over 15knts all weekend on the bay...well hoping

cobiaman
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Lets hope the weather comes good...

rosco1974
06-03-2013, 10:04 PM
poor old perry is keen as to get out,spoke to him this arvo i recon the next half good day he will be out somewhere along with the rest of us fisho's...bloody shocking weather we are getting

cobiaman
06-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Yea i reckon the ramps will be full as soon as this weather dies off

Tangles
06-03-2013, 10:49 PM
im launching Bec n Call in the bathtub tommorrow!!!