PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp Caution

madmackrel
24-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Guys witnessed an elderly gent get run over today at the ramp it up do at wello.If it wasn't for the bystanders yelling I don't think this fella would of survived as the 4x4 stopped just short of his head. He went under as his mate was backing down ....so please guys take your time....I know we all get excited when we're going boating but it was not a pretty site..a speedy recovery you tuff old timer.

Blackened
24-02-2013, 02:30 PM
G'day

Shit that's horrible, what time was this?
It's bad to say this but if it was in the problem area (above the ramp) then maybe this will highlight one of the issues?

Dave

Feral
24-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Ramps are dangerous spots. Cant believe the amount of people that swan about on them while your trying to back down.

Tangles
24-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Dave it was on the ramp,

As Perry said, just take your time on the ramps. Hope the old fella recovers quickly, he certainly had a sense of humour.

To add, one of those small first aid kits doesn't go very far, they do not carry enough bandages and pads.

fisho8
24-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Jeez Perry hope he will be ok was very busy down there today really opened my eyes up there is a definate problem with that area which the officials are really struggling to fix hope today did some good and opened a few eyes up.

Cheers Mick.

netmaker
25-02-2013, 05:38 AM
that's a crappy ending to an otherwise good morning. the ramp could use a re-surfacing as well as it is very rough but as was pointed out: when you can't get a tap...

Back In Black
25-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Ramps are dangerous spots. Cant believe the amount of people that swan about on them while your trying to back down.

Feral, we have the same problem at Noosa. Because its such a beautiful walk along the river, there are literally dozens of walkers & their dogs. The trouble is rather than walk along the overly wide pathway council has put in for them, which bypasses the ramp, they all shoot through the carpark area. As you drive in you are dodging them, & then as you are backing down the ramp, they are all walking behind the boat. Its only a matter of time before one gets run down or cut up by a prop.

Tony

Noelm
25-02-2013, 08:03 AM
I guess in a way, all ramps are the same, there is always someone walking around, pushing a pram or walking a dog, or just walking in general, makes little difference where you are, and plenty dont realise that walking behind a boat is not a smart thing to do, but it goes on, keep a good eye out and use caution.

Peter4
25-02-2013, 09:32 AM
I almost collected some oblivious bloke who was texting while walking across the rigging bays at Wello Point - not 10m away from a pedestrian crossing!