PDA

View Full Version : Vmr waterside assist Moreton Bay wide

coroboy
24-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Marine rescue membership for waterside assistance is now covered from currimbin to bribie island with a reciprocal arrangement between the 8 VMR bases. They are Bribie is, Sandgate( Brisbane), Raby Bay, Victoria Point, North Stradbroke Is, Jacobs Well, Southport and Currimbin. No need to join at various vmr bases. Join your local seq VMR associate membership for this coverage.

Lucky_Phill
24-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Hopefully, one day the VMR and Coast Guard will be a united entity and we can be covered the length of the Queensland coast.

Cheers LP

Crunchy
24-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Hopefully, one day the VMR and Coast Guard will be a united entity and we can be covered the length of the Queensland coast.

Cheers LP

I was going to make the same comment but thought it might be too smart ass.....but yeh that would be a sensible outcome one day!

Horse
24-02-2013, 09:58 PM
OK, which one is the cheapest to join

WalrusLike
25-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Horse I wouldn't think there's too much difference.

Probably best if you join the one whose area your in most often. That way your dollars go to the mob most likely to save you.

I understand the need to keep our expenses down, but this is one area where its already cheaper than the actual cost ( else they wouldn't need to fundraise).

Just do it and feel better knowing there's someone looking out for you and your family. (Even a single man has family... they don't want you lost at sea)

My two cents.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2013, 08:44 AM
I was going to make the same comment but thought it might be too smart ass.....but yeh that would be a sensible outcome one day!

Not smart ass at all, just a sensible approach and suggestion, which i might add, has been mooted for a fe years now from those within the Volunteer Rescue services and outside as well. It will happen I believe. More on that later.

OK, which one is the cheapest to join

That is the problem.... you join a VMR and get assist from Coast Guard Mooloolaba and you are not covered. Once upon a time to get any benefit you had to join an individual Coast Guard and or a VMR for every port ( ramp ) you departed from up and down the coast.

Horse I wouldn't think there's too much difference.

Probably best if you join the one whose area your in most often. That way your dollars go to the mob most likely to save you.

I understand the need to keep our expenses down, but this is one area where its already cheaper than the actual cost ( else they wouldn't need to fundraise).

Just do it and feel better knowing there's someone looking out for you and your family. (Even a single man has family... they don't want you lost at sea)

My two cents.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like'.)

Yes, always best to cover yourself.

I actually believe there is a better way to offer water side assist to Queensland boaties. But good on VMR for this progressive step.

cheers LP

Crunchy
25-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Not smart ass at all, just a sensible approach and suggestion, which i might add, has been mooted for a fe years now from those within the Volunteer Rescue services and outside as well. It will happen I believe. More on that later.

No I agree, the way I was going to say it was smart ass....

Bros
25-02-2013, 05:20 PM

Cheers LP

I wouldn't hold your breath as some have to much to lose, remember council amalgamation? it had to be legislated as they couldn't agree.

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes,,, but there is only one person who is being paid in the VMR, so it is not about money.... except for him ! he'll be retiring soon, anyway.

LP

Bros
25-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes,,, but there is only one person who is being paid in the VMR, so it is not about money.... except for him ! he'll be retiring soon, anyway.

LP

You are well out of date there are three and a half

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Really ? damn............ An increase of 250% on my last count.

Well, I have been and still will push the amalgamation barrow.

cheers

Bros
25-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Really ? damn............ An increase of 250% on my last count.

Well, I have been and still will push the amalgamation barrow.

cheers

Amalgamation is a good idea but the stumbling block is on who's terms, to many with to much to lose on both sides. NSW was a good example as it had to be done by government applying pressure to the units bypassing the top shelf.

Lucky_Phill
25-02-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep.... that's how I see it. here's hoping !!

cheers