PDA

View Full Version : ACCC can do safety recalls on boats

Jarrah Jack
23-02-2013, 08:05 AM
This is the first time I've noticed a safety recall for boats and is a step in the right direction many years too late in my opinion. Even good builders can have things go wrong.

To me this sets a precedent and gives us another avenue to seek recourse if we find problems with our boats. Trailers should be in the mix as well.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1030282

Chimo
23-02-2013, 08:21 AM
So should we expect a recall of NBI for cracked transoms and ditto for the Evo glass boat with cracking issues too?

Jarrah Jack
23-02-2013, 09:12 AM
So should we expect a recall of NBI for cracked transoms and ditto for the Evo glass boat with cracking issues too?

Who knows Chimo? It would be interesting to know how this one came about. Presumably if you followed the same procedures and proved the safety problem then you would expect the same outcome, in other words it sets a precedent.

No boat builder would like the type of negative advertising a safety recall would offer.

fishing111
23-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Not sure of the wording for the Stacer/Quintrex/Bermuda boats potential fuel leak. I would have thought explosion over fire.

Grand_Marlin
23-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks JJ,

I didn't even know this site existed.

Amazing the amount of boating recall stuff on there, but thankfully nothing "over the top" re: safety.

Cheers

Pete