PDA

View Full Version : Bait Board for Transom - Baitmate

Corry
21-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Been looking around for bit boards for the back of our Top Ender, not real keen on the BCF type versions, was looking for something a little more custom.
Found this on the web today, anyone got one, seen em, what feedback does anyone have.
They look the goods, rang today and spoke to them, they sound like they'll be good to deal with.
Thoughts anyone...

http://www.baitmate.com.au/index.html

I'm looking at the top one on the Baitmate Range page on the left, live tank and 3 draws.

Cheers
Corry

STUIE63
22-02-2013, 01:42 AM
I have a bait mate and would put one on any boat I owned they are that good the only thing wrong with it was that it was supplied with one set of bolt nut and washers with instructions to buy another eleven. I thought they could have charged another twenty bucks and supplied them. But yeah get the bait ate you will not regret it

propdinger
22-02-2013, 09:22 AM
he makes a great product and i have never heard a bad word about the product worth every cent

Knotpretty
22-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Rod makes a great product at a reasonable price. I'm waiting on my second one now. KP

copie
22-02-2013, 11:52 AM
My brother got one for his center console very well made and it appears good value for money.

Mark

Spiderpig
22-02-2013, 06:58 PM
+1, had one in my old boat and it was great. I had to put a bungy cord on it though as the drawer came open in rough conditions.

winston
22-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Has anyone fitted a baitboard to a tinny with their open style transom? If so, I would love to see a photo as I want to fit one to my tinny. Cheers Winston.

Corry
22-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah, some photo's would be good. I'm worried that the one I want with the bait tank and 3 draws may not be suitable for our Top Ender from a clearance point of view to the motor when up.

Cheers
Corry

Aussie123
22-02-2013, 08:26 PM
All Baitmate boards can be modified to suit any boats.
The standard leg or mounting brackets can be made longer or shorter so your outboards can clear them.

ranga7
23-02-2013, 04:29 PM
There great, they need 2 look at something to secure the draws better then Velcro, mine fly out regularly

Corry
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Well we finally got it. One of my concerns was that it would be to low in height, and it was. But I've gone to an alloy mob in town and got some extension legs made for it. I didn't have to worry about it not coming with enough mounting bolts, it didn't come with any at all.
Build quality looks awesome, now I got it I would've liked a bigger live bait tank, but that's hand in hand with getting something that your not able to see prior to purchase, another joy of being in the country. Won't be hard later to take it to an alloy welding mob and get it modified if I find it too small. We only keep a dozen mullet at a time anyway, so it's 17l should be enough for now.
Now to fit it, not sure how to plumb it properly so some research needs to be done on that, I've had a search, but I'll start another thread to clarify.
Thanx all for their replies, overall we're happy with what we've got.

Cheers
Corry

Schulzy
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Hey mate re fitting it out buy a bilge pump some hose a pick up pipe and a plastic spray jet for the airrater quite simple here's a pic of mine just fitted it last week end need to wedge it though it leans back because of my transom shapehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/02/memypegu.jpg

wayno60
02-11-2013, 06:16 PM
schulzy,
with that angle of the board can you still tilt the motor all the way up???

Ill get a pic later but mine is attached to the transom and at a
comfortable height for me to work at but i cant tilt the motor all the way up as it hits half way along the cowling.

Schulzy
02-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't tilt all the way full boar about 3/4 it is missing by 3 to 4mm but the honda is a big motor if I wedge it should miss by 6 to 8mm