PDA

View Full Version : What sort of $ for bimini, clears and rocket launcher for a 5m boat?

CT
20-02-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm in the market for getting a new canopy with clears and a rocket launcher. Just had a chat to the local bloke who quoted $1700 for full height canopy (25 mm bright alloy bows with 3 mm wall) with front clear, zip opening in front of driver and zip in side clears. Add another $350 for a rocket launcher with 5 or 6 holders.

He inspires a bit of confidence talking to him. Photos on the web site look the goods, as do the rocket launcher that he showed me.

So what the verdict? Is he on the money? Its the high upper end of what I'd hoped for, but I was probably kidding myself on purpose. A cheap bulk chandlery bimini in a heavy duty model is the best bit of $300, plus another $200 for a rocket launcher and you still have no clears, so I'd throw $600 bucks at it and still not even be close to what I had in mind.

Geez I wish I got paid overtime.

Cheers
Craig

juggernaut
20-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Paid approx $1,550 in December here in Perth for more or less what you describe except zip openings on drivers and passenger sides and further zips and tie back to roll the whole front up out of the way.

I also had a removable rear sun awning 1.2m long made for another $700 from memory. Also had side pockets and rear bench seat and rear squab upholstered for more $$$. So was probably given a discount for the whole job.

All in all your $1,700 quote is probably on the money for decent materials.

94patrol
21-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey bud I just got what u said with rocket launcher for 1650 hear in Mackay for my Viking witch I thought was a good price when u have a look at the work involved

CT
21-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Hey bud I just got what u said with rocket launcher for 1650 hear in Mackay for my Viking witch I thought was a good price when u have a look at the work involved

Any chance of photo mate?

Jarrah Jack
21-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Have a think about getting sail track on the front screen for the clears. Those press studs can be a pita.

94patrol
22-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Sorry mate she's In pieces at the moment