PDA

View Full Version : Raby Bay ramp

WalrusLike
10-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Quick questions if I may.....

Is Raby Bay ok on a nice day like today? Is there trailer parking or is it full?

Is there a way to hold the boat beside the ramp without damaging gel coat or standing in mud?

Sooky aren't we..... :)

honda900
10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Raby Bay has a rocky bottom with oysters, Not exactly pleasant underfoot. they did at one time put sand down but it didn stay long. You can stand either side of the ramp but need 2 people. there is parking but be early, they fill quickly, ramp itself is pretty good, on a low tide it gets pretty shalllow. Be nice if they put a pontoon in.

Regards
Honda.

WalrusLike
10-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks My Dream Motor. Good info.

patrol50
10-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes honda i totally agree its about bloody time a pontoon was put in at the public ramp at Raby Bay - cant really understand why its not there already - simple enough to put one in similar to the one at Vic point which may not be the greatest pontoon ever built but does the job ok when the weather is ok - unless of course the Club next door sees it as a possible reason to lose members and are hence allegedly non supporting

reckon we should all start pressurizing the local member and the not always helpful redlands councillors to make it happen !!!!!!!!!!!

cheers rob

thelump
11-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Maybe they can just go and grab the one from Viccy Point. Its just sitting in the carpark doing nothing!

patrol50
11-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Maybe they can just go and grab the one from Viccy Point. Its just sitting in the carpark doing nothing!

yea thats probably not too bad idea jason as the plastic or poly pontoons dont seem to like the rough wave action much do they and not much use sitting in the car park - so no waves at raby bay to any extent as very sheltered there usually - so ok as per your tongue in cheek idea take it up to raby bay and install it there and maybe then replace the one at vic pt with a stronger more wave capable model

any improvement and a pontoon is worth having at both ramps

cheers rob

thelump
11-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Nah they are both ordinary ramps although I do agree Raby Bay would be much better with a pontoon. Plenty will argue not though!

patrol50
11-02-2013, 03:56 PM
yes jason never really understand why people dont want a pontoon at a boat ramp so maybe you lose a ramp or some room but if it takes 15 mins longer to launch or retrieve so what - ok if its a sandy beach close by to run the boat in on but rocks and concrete and mud and stuff are never good - there has to be some serious opposition to a pontoon at raby bay for it not to be there yet and i suspect its not coming from the majority of the boating public that use the ramp

cheers rob