PDA

View Full Version : Hills Creek Cairns.... Fishing allowed or not??????

barrabart
07-02-2013, 10:29 AM
G'day all,

Wondering if anyone can answer me regarding fishing in behind the flood gates up the end of Hills Creek?
Theres been some Indigenous Land type signs erected up on the gates....... didn't bother reading them as i didn't plan on fishing behind the gates..... probably should of read them, haha, cause now i'm wondering what they are about.
Does anyone on here know? i just rang the local fisheries, and they couldn't tell me, but reckon they'll phone me back with an answer?
Maybe i should just hook the tinny up and go back for another look!
Oh and i got a good jack infront of the gates the other morning too.

Nicko_Cairns
07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
yeah fishing past the flood gates has always been illegal I thought? I'm sure someone has told me that fisheries have booked people in the past?

Moffy
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
have never been past in a boat obviously - but have cast many a lure upstream of the gates (along with every other man and his dog).....

has never been anything there to say "no fishing" in the past and not a published "green zone" or the like that i'm aware of.

sounds like new signs??? maybe something has changed.......?

tunaticer
07-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Were you born in Australia?? If so you are technically indigenous.

barrabart
07-02-2013, 09:23 PM
http://www.environment.gov.au/indigenous/ipa/declared/mandingalbay.html

The fella from the fisheries rang me back, yes it is a protected area under an indigenous lands / nat parks type thing, above is a link i found.

Bennno
17-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Have a good chat to the Djunbunji ranger that drives that buggy around. He'll be happy to talk about fishing and what they allow and what not. Nice bloke.