PDA

View Full Version : Ford ranger - stolen !

Paulio
03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Hi People

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I thought I would put it out there, my grey 2010 Ford Ranger got stolen last night from Petrie. Registration Plate 921RLO.

Big ask but if anyone sees it please PM me. Id put my mobile number up but the Pr!cks got that as well

Triple
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
What sort of phone? does it have tracking capabilities?

Paulio
03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Triple

Its an Iphone 5, I think you have to down load the tracking software which I havent done

cormorant
03-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Hope they find it soon and in one piece

The usual advice, any security cameras locally? Servos, zealous neighbours , local businesses , traffic cameras etc

How much fuel did it have, if it was dead empty check local servos. Guy I go to pub with sons car stolen, typical 20 year old had no fuel in the tank and the thieves ran out in tunnel and have footage of them leaving car etc No damage to car except usual steering and window on old ute.

Check with toll provider if the tolls have been used as it might tell you what direction it headed at what time. They may be able to recover footage and often stolen stuff is used for getting more stolen stuff so it might have a trailer on the back.

Any recognisable accessories , colour etc.

Dumb questions- how did they do it without keys if you know or has it been towed as I though it was pretty hard to do?

cormorant
14-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Did it ever show up or has it still missing?

mookyandlumpy
14-02-2013, 10:18 PM
have you tried the find my phone app. if its still on it might help
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/find-my-iphone/id376101648?mt=8

Paulio
15-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Yes it did show up but a little worse for wear. I had a call from the police 2 days later, the vehicle had been involved in a multiple car accident and then abandoned. After a week of back and forth with the insurance comapny I was told last week that it is being written off. So now waiting to hear if they will replace it or pay market value. Meanwhile cant tow the boat
Id love to know who took it. They need to be taught a lesson.

Becareful apparently this type of thing is becoming very common

cormorant
15-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Good luck with it. As long as you don't get screwed a new one would be a decent solution. If down the track it is Ok to say I'd be interested in how they knocked it off as I thought being so new it was pretty secure. Most of the late model cars I hear of done the thieves have broken to house and got keys , handbag or simply driven off while it is still running at front gates etc.

Have to say if my car ever gets knocked off again I hope they do nothing to it or go to town on it and write it off. The inbetween and being stuck with a repair is my worst nighmare and no knowing just how bad they treated the motor and box. With my mates son it was towed and repairs done only to go and collect it and find the transmission was as good as dead. Closer inspection and all the rubber under the wheelarches and tyres showed thay had only done 50 odd Km but most of it doing donuts somewhere hitting a gutter. Small simple claim turned out to be a long hassle with a overheated motor and cooked brakes as well. Bloody nighmare especially as he wanted the ute as a keeper.