PDA

View Full Version : Carport for boat - how much fall on the slab?

CT
01-02-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm getting a shed slab with carport sorted and I'm trying to figure out the best fall to drain water off the carport. I've got recommendations as low as 50 mm over the 6m of the slab, up to 150 mm over the 6 m.

I can live with 50 mm over 6 m, but to me, 150 mm looks like it will be a pain in the ass with things rolling away.

Anyone else made a decision on this sort of thing?

Cheers
Craig

Feral
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
You want a drop from the shed slab down to the carport slab, 25mm is good, then the carport slab shouldn't need much fall if any at all. Just enough to stop any puddles, the 50mm suggested at the bottom end would be the most I would give it. I'd go less. I think mine from memory was 10mm over the 6m, but that was 8 years ago, so memory could be very faulty!.

tunaticer
01-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I would whack 10mm fall across the slab assuming it is a one car carport (around 3m).
Why have the water shed the full length of your carport when it can move off the slab in a shorter direction?

Chimo
01-02-2013, 04:03 PM
I have 50mm over 9 m. Works good. Nothing rolls and slab dries.

CT
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I would whack 10mm fall across the slab assuming it is a one car carport (around 3m).
Why have the water shed the full length of your carport when it can move off the slab in a shorter direction?

6 m by 7 m across the end of a 9 m by 7 m shed, so close enough to draining a square. Otherwise, I would have done exactly what you've suggested.

Cheers
Craig

Makita
01-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Working on a car park at the moment , from centre of the middle beam to outside edge on each side there is 20mm of fall , width is 40m, 20mm on a slab that size would be perfect

Knotpretty
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Mate I think 25 mm is plenty if it suits the lay of the land. We use threaded rod as anchors so you can double nut them to level the carport (infill with grout pad for neat finish) . Caution some tradies are full of it they suggest the easiest option so they can get in and out quick. Good luck KP

copie
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Craig I believe between 30 to 50mm over 6m will be fine I certainly would not go less than 25mm be very ardament with the concreters about what you want from the finsih. Oh think about a couple of submerged anchor points one at the front draw bar area and the other at the rear to one side easy to put a chain and pad lock for a little extra security.

Mark