PDA

View Full Version : Whyte Island Boat Ramp

bigjimg
30-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Just thought I would mention to those that use the Whyte Island ramp at the Port of Brisbane that the pontoon is Out of Service.It took a fair hammering during the bout of wild weather and the module adjoining the abutment has broken off.
While the repairs are being organised we have the pontoon closed.While this is not convenient for those that use the ramp it would be appreciated that the measures used to cordon off the area be recognised.
It takes a fair leap to get up onto and off these modules and a slip while trying to do this is a pretty good chance.Would hate to see some one go butt up.
Repairs should be done in a week or two. Jim
Edit: 20/03/13.
Major damage, it will be a while to make repairs.

Agrav8_and_Lulu
30-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the report. I was wondering myself how it went. By the looks of every thing else it came of pretty good. Going to head down to jindalee ramp in the morning to see if it's still there?

Darren

bigjimg
31-01-2013, 08:29 PM
An update on the damage.Major structural failure to all components,and will take a considerable amount of time to rectify.I will keep you all posted on the progress on the repairs.It would appear that she was not up to the forces that were dished out over the weekend.Waiting to here back from the supplier.Jim

loopi62
20-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi all, got caught out last weekend, prepared the boat to launch and then realised the pontoon was gone, very sad. Any updates ??

jmwarner
20-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Can you still launch and get into your boat from the shore? ( 6m half cab) I was going to launch there on saturday rather than motor across from Cabbage tree

timddo
20-03-2013, 12:19 PM
You can use the colmslie ramp as it has a pontoon.

bigjimg
20-03-2013, 08:23 PM
The pontoon will be out of service for a while yet,the technical details are still being considered.The type of weather that caused the damage is not a unique event so some structural details are stil being worked out.We don't want this type of thing being a regular operation.
I will keep the updates flowing as they come to hand.In the mean time Colmslie, East Coast marina at Manly all have pontoons. Jim.

bigjimg
24-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Whyte Island Boat Ramp

Well after a couple of months being out of service due to repairs being rendered I can finally say that the Whyte Island Boat Ramp has had the pontoon reinstated. Jim

WalrusLike
25-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks Jim. Good to know. We appreciate your updates and info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BLOOEY
25-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Good stuff. They were working pretty hard at it all last week! Will make solo lauches a breeze again. Ben