PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Welder needed..

George D
28-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi all,
Was wondering if anybody knew who to contact around Bribie Island/Caboolture are who is able to weld a mounting bracket on my 4.2m tinnie for a bow mount electric motor? I have an anchor well so is a bit of a pain to get the angle right without adding a section on. So if anybody has had this done before around bribie and was happy with the job let me know..
There is a few boat building places around, but thought there may be somebody looking for the work who could do with the cash and a nice easy little job for them.
Thanks heaps for the help

tunaticer
28-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Compass boats are in the Caboolture Industrial Park.

madmackrel
28-01-2013, 06:56 PM
GD give me a call if you get stuck mate, 0422880886

Shark Poker
28-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey, I know a guy that has been doing several bow mount conversions for a boat yard in Wynnum.
Very neat, very strong. Don't know the price you would have to ask him.
PM me if Tingalpa is not too far for you..
Pauly

George D
29-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the reply's, I will let you all know how it works out

George D
15-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Just to let everybody know..I got the Bow mount bracket welded on the other day by Ralf at Compass Boats in Caboolture, he done a fantastic job and I couldnt be happier with it, so I can highly recommend him if anybody is looking for some mods for your boat!. Thanks again

Donkeyzmilk
15-02-2013, 07:17 PM
if you own a mig welder you can buy alloy wire for it and do it yourself , ive done it with mine , come out pretty good and strong ,(motorcycle stuff) obviously the better the welder you are the better the finished product.

EDIT: i use flux core wire for car panels , but you need gas for the alloy wire

macka17
17-02-2013, 09:36 AM
if you own a mig welder you can buy alloy wire for it and do it yourself.....

================================

And a Teflon sleeve. different guides and different gas too.
Works out quite exxy for a little job.
A little "Colt" gas set. with roll of wire and tin of flux.
Practice first. It's easy.
Mate actually built his first ally Tender for his yacht that way. The Second one. He used my MIG. Did me one too.
I haven't got the patience for ally melting.