PDA

View Full Version : Crab Pot Thieves Toorbul Pumistone Passage Area

manta man
24-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi Guys just got back from BCF Morayfield and the Sales Person advised me theres a group of people checking and thieving Crab Pots in the above area. Sales Person told me
they are blantantly checking and stealing in front of the owners and threatening with some violence . They have been reported, sooner they get the scum the better. I don't like to brag but wish they were checking mine K POW. Cheers Manta Man

Missing_FNQ
24-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Talked to a couple of guys after we both got back to the Donnybrook boat ramp at the same time and they had set some pots up in some far reaching areas with no floats. I know its illegal but what can you do when you want to protect your property.

"threatening with violence" you say?? I had my 11yld son out with me yesterday and while I have to say I have a smart mouth and oodles of courage, I`m not sure I would be idling up and asking them to keep away from my pots. The binoculars and video come in handy to get rego numbers at this stage while staying a fair distance away.

Cheers
Mick

wags on the water
24-01-2013, 04:23 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?189945-Crabbers-warned-you-will-be-caught