PDA

View Full Version : Be careful at Deepwater Bend Boat Ramp

Shawn 66
20-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Afternoon ,
I was hoping that I would be able to post a tale of a wonderful day , complete with plentiful fish . Alas no , rotten , theiving , pieces of excretement had other plans for me.
I launced a bit late at about 0500 , bit of a line up at the ramp , nothing too bad though . Parked the car and trailer in the "second carpark " and went on my merry way.
Fishing was a bit slow for the first couple of hours , mostly unders , beautiful morning on the water though .
Anyway after a few hours The Boss rings and says she will be at the ramp in thirty minutes .Make my way back to the secondary pontoon to pick the Boss up , then realise my new pack of durries are still in the car . Amble up to the car and notice wiring hanging down from the drawbar of the trailer . I am still ropeable at what I found next . Myself and at least six other boaties were minus the trailer connection plug ( hope you know what I mean ) . I may be simple ( quiet ) , but what would these scumbags want with at least 6 conectors .
If their aim was to p!ss as many people off as they can , the scum certainly suceeded . Was great driving home without lights , indicators etc , just waiting for the plod to pounce .
Anyway , getting p!ssed off again recounting this saga , so just be careful .
Shawn

truth stretcher
20-01-2013, 03:50 PM
That would $#it me no end . I'd love to catch them cutting mine or anyones of and I'd hope they'd be in the process of cutting the sixth one off cause I reckon I could boot at least six plug up there arse one after another.
Sorry to hear about that mate.

LittleSkipper
20-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Afternoon ,
I was hoping that I would be able to post a tale of a wonderful day , complete with plentiful fish . Alas no , rotten , theiving , pieces of excretement had other plans for me.
I launced a bit late at about 0500 , bit of a line up at the ramp , nothing too bad though . Parked the car and trailer in the "second carpark " and went on my merry way.
Fishing was a bit slow for the first couple of hours , mostly unders , beautiful morning on the water though .
Anyway after a few hours The Boss rings and says she will be at the ramp in thirty minutes .Make my way back to the secondary pontoon to pick the Boss up , then realise my new pack of durries are still in the car . Amble up to the car and notice wiring hanging down from the drawbar of the trailer . I am still ropeable at what I found next . Myself and at least six other boaties were minus the trailer connection plug ( hope you know what I mean ) . I may be simple ( quiet ) , but what would these scumbags want with at least 6 conectors .
If their aim was to p!ss as many people off as they can , the scum certainly suceeded . Was great driving home without lights , indicators etc , just waiting for the plod to pounce .
Anyway , getting p!ssed off again recounting this saga , so just be careful .
Shawn

Shawn!

Scumbags! Sounds like the plugs were cut off so the flea bags could watch peoples reaction to the plugs missing?

But an easy solution, and probably a pain in the #@$ solution would be to fit the same female type plug to your trailers drawbar & make up the male plug on each end of a piece of cable.

Then you could remove the connection between vehicle & trailer and stow it away inside your vehicle, then refit it when your ready to retrieve your boat.

Mike Delisser
20-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Gruby litte barstards, hope they get theirs. Deepwater is a shocking layout as far as security goes with those small isolated car parks surrounded by bush. Several of my mates have lost spotties, stereos, even a trailer. I recon Dowley's Rocks is a safer option.

Funchy
20-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Bummer Shawn, sorry to hear that mate. How did the day end up fish wise any keepers?

Feral
21-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Watch stuff like that.
Its likely they were waiting to see if anyone unhitched and left the trailer there and went and got another plug, to come back and find they had removed your trailer for you, as well as your boat from the pontoon. A similar trick is to take a wheel from the trailer, wait for you to go to get another wheel, put it back on load up your boat and disappear. Happened to a mate of mine at the old Uhlmann road ramp on the Caboolture river a couple of years ago.

Ps dont leave your durries where they can be seen in a car, they more than worth enough for someone to smash a window for them!

Shawn 66
21-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Bummer Shawn, sorry to hear that mate. How did the day end up fish wise any keepers?
After finding that mate , I put the boat on the trailer and went home.

Watch stuff like that.
Its likely they were waiting to see if anyone unhitched and left the trailer there and went and got another plug, to come back and find they had removed your trailer for you, as well as your boat from the pontoon. A similar trick is to take a wheel from the trailer, wait for you to go to get another wheel, put it back on load up your boat and disappear. Happened to a mate of mine at the old Uhlmann road ramp on the Caboolture river a couple of years ago.

Ps dont leave your durries where they can be seen in a car, they more than worth enough for someone to smash a window for them!
Good advise mate , had not thought of that .

Gruby litte barstards, hope they get theirs. Deepwater is a shocking layout as far as security goes with those small isolated car parks surrounded by bush. Several of my mates have lost spotties, stereos, even a trailer. I recon Dowley's Rocks is a safer option.
The only trouble with Dohles Mike , is that if she is blowing and you get a decent tide running , she can be a bitch to retrieve .

Shawn!

Scumbags! Sounds like the plugs were cut off so the flea bags could watch peoples reaction to the plugs missing?

But an easy solution, and probably a pain in the #@$ solution would be to fit the same female type plug to your trailers drawbar & make up the male plug on each end of a piece of cable.

Then you could remove the connection between vehicle & trailer and stow it away inside your vehicle, then refit it when your ready to retrieve your boat.
Thanks Mate , good advise .

That would $#it me no end . I'd love to catch them cutting mine or anyones of and I'd hope they'd be in the process of cutting the sixth one off cause I reckon I could boot at least six plug up there arse one after another.
Sorry to hear about that mate.
My sentiments exactly mate.

kingcray
21-01-2013, 06:12 AM
hey Shawn that really sucks mate shit like that happpens all the time down there. moreso at night but during the day too it seems now
Read the local papers crime reports section, DWB carparks feature every week.

Shawn 66
21-01-2013, 10:47 AM
hey Shawn that really sucks mate shit like that happpens all the time down there. moreso at night but during the day too it seems now
Read the local papers crime reports section, DWB carparks feature every week.
What are they reporting usually mate?
Shawn

cormorant
21-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Report it. maybe with enough reports there will be a few more drive throughs by the coppers. I hate mindless vandalism and I hope they are mindlessly vandalised when they are caught sometime in the future "just having some fun". What a bunch of turds

That is a new one on me . Between our family and many boats over the years we have had the usual winch cable, tailight lens both clip on and screw on - they even left me their broken one once, bearing buddies, a roller, brother had plastic mudguard go???? , couple of wheel nuts, number plate and rego label, spare tyre ( serves me right) oh crap no I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

jmwarner
21-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I have heard from my old man of a fair bit getting knocked off down there in the past. Late last year I left my phone in the glovebox and went back to get it and saw a bombed out Green ford falcon with 2 islander guys (not meaning to stereotype thats just the easiest description of them) slowly doing a loop of the carpark looking at all the cars and trailers (not going anywhere near the water or park) I stood by my car and made it a bit blatent that I was watching them then they finished the loop of the carpark and took off down the road.

They may have had something pinched and were checking if it was making an aperance down there but it still looked a bit suss. I scribbled down their rego on a scrap of paper in the car but to this day can not find it. I came back my car and trailer hadn't been touched and had a talk to a few others at the ramp and they all seemed fine. I'm still very cautious when I go there i put locks on the chains, latch, and have considered a wheel lock (or just a chain through the wheels with a padlock) but if they are hell bent on taking something theres always a way around it.

kingcray
21-01-2013, 04:34 PM
What are they reporting usually mate?
Shawn
normally just car break-ins, stolen trailer bits etc. first ive heard of them knocking off those adapters.
Stolen cars sometimes turn up down there too, normally in the last car park

Mossy247
21-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Its a bloody 8 dollar plug. Scum. Ohh the pain it causes me trying to pput a new one on with those bloody little screws. Grrr.... mate I hope they get their own back ten fold. Bummer mate.

cormorant
21-01-2013, 05:15 PM
It's a big effort to rip em off if they have been put on right with teh cable holder tight inside them. Thief must have had hands of steel or just smacked them down with his foot which woudl also screw up the female part on the tow vehicle. Then to bloody remember which colour goes where and which way is up!!

QuinTin
21-01-2013, 05:32 PM
a mate of mine and i were at old Uhlmann road boat ramp a few years back fishing straight across from the ramp and come back later that night to find the car was still their but no trailer hmm what now
lucky his sister at time owned a house on Newport canals with a pontoon so i had run across in the boat and had to park boat their for week to wait get new one made $1800 later after that god i hate leaving car over night say to go crabbing its in ya mined all night any way sorry hear about ya bad day mate little #######s they are.

LittleSkipper
21-01-2013, 05:54 PM
It's a big effort to rip em off if they have been put on right with teh cable holder tight inside them. Thief must have had hands of steel or just smacked them down with his foot which woudl also screw up teh female part on the tow vehicle. Then to bloody remember which colour goes where and which way is up!!

Not if they had a pair of electrical wire cutters?

Chas & Clarry
21-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Shawn, that sux, sorry to hear it.

:(

Tim and Trace