PDA

View Full Version : Shore Based Reefs...

T1
17-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Perhaps we could learn a thing or 2 from our southern cousins...:

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/recreational-fishing/recreational-fishing-reefs/shore-based-reefs

I guess with the scepticism on whether Govt would commit 100% of any licence fees enormous, not sure if there is some other way perhaps our Pollies could do to replicate what the VIC Govt is doing. I know there's already reefs scattered in the bay to appease the previous Greens wishlist closures, but these ones seem like a logical/sensible idea for the average shore based fisho...

T

MudRiverDan
17-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Good idea though I think I would have dropped them out a bit further, 40m is well within casting range and I would guess a lot of folk will snag up on them.

Dan

odes20
17-01-2013, 02:37 PM
I think (and have posted in other threads) that Artificial reefs (FADs etc) are a great idea and would live to see a couple extra off every Qld regional town or city, in about 20 metres of water. We have one flogged but productive wreck within the reach of the small boat fishos at Cairns, and I reckon 2 more would provide such a boost, and enhance our rec fishery greatly.

Lucky_Phill
17-01-2013, 05:32 PM
We are working on the arti's.

Hope to convey some news soon.

There is no down sides to arti's.

LP