PDA

View Full Version : 6 degrees

Dignity
16-01-2013, 06:29 PM
An interesting topic whenever it is brought up at parties etc. Ausfish is probably a very large contributor to the "6 degrees of separation" as I have found out recently, more on that later. I have met a few Ausfishers while out and about, the most recent being Captain Seaweed at Straddie and in all cases it has been an absolute pleasure , I have very close friends who have relatives who work for royalty and even have one whose sister is married to a famous musician and movie star (it was a very closely kept secret for about 20 years). It also reminds me that we have a new neighbour, he never seems to be home but he has an Ausfish sticker on his boat so I will be making his aquaintence very soon.
My most recent discovery was cousin Phill, apologies I meant Lucky Phill, it seems that some of the members of the fishing club I am in are related to Phill(does Barry, Jan and Yolande ring a bell) so I was wondering what other connections have been found through Ausfish, I would bevery interested to hear.

kind_cir
16-01-2013, 07:26 PM
You are from Golden Beach, and i'm from Little Mountain.

Fat buoy was C Dog, and I went up the Cape with him in 2005. Only just worked that one out.

Lucky_Phill
17-01-2013, 05:51 AM
I like to think it is less than 6 degrees.

It really is a small world and particularly if you travel in the " recreational fishing " world.

Yes, I spoke to Barry the other day about you and this subject.

Cheers Phill

wags on the water
17-01-2013, 06:10 AM
I wouldn't like to be related to some of the clowns on this site.............:gossip: :confused: :worried2::worried2::worried2:

gruntahunta
17-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Dignity. Whilst I do not know of any relatives from Ausfish, I have met a past member who got banned.

Of course I met you when you came into my work place last month, was nice to meet you..

finga
17-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Yolande is not a common name and The Cook is related to a Yolande. But she lives in New Caledonia. She can cook too.

When I was at school and in one maths class a few of us got really bored and somehow relatives came up and it was startling that within 3 or 4 degrees we were related.
Not surprising though as many of my class mates' families had been in the area for donkey's years.
It was either that or the fact that my mum was born in Nimbin

Dignity
17-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes, I spoke to Barry the other day about you and this subject.

Cheers Phill

does that mean I am now banned from this site :P

Dignity
17-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi Dignity. Whilst I do not know of any relatives from Ausfish, I have met a past member who got banned.

Of course I met you when you came into my work place last month, was nice to meet you..

Pete, apologies that I had forgotten, it seems I walked through a door. My mate from Townsville and I were discussing this phenomenum a couple of weeks ago and it seems that we reckon that walking through a door and you lose your memory, check it out, working in the yard and walk in to the shed to get something and you have forgotten, works all the time.

ozynorts
17-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Wife tells you to go and get bread and milk and you come back with beer and ice?????

Dignity
17-01-2013, 07:32 PM

Probably be in next week to order a mirrored cabinet, PM me what days you work as I seemed to miss you the last two times.

gruntahunta
17-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I am off Tuesdays and Wednesdays...fishing days

Apollo
18-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Murf when to school with my brother, worked at the same mine as my father in law and his cousin use to baby sit me when I was a kid. All this happened 1000km from where I live now. It was only during a random chat at a 1770 M&G that we started to join the dots.

Steve

finga
18-01-2013, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't like to be related to some of the clowns on this site.............:gossip: :confused: :worried2::worried2::worried2:
It's quite possible you are. You know we used to live opposite the state School at Bundy and have relatives up there don't you?? Sucker!!!!!! ::)

Gazza
18-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I bought a boat from Fat Buoy a couple of years ago , via Ausfish classifieds
:laola:

(didn't haggle a cent , as he had 3? littlies) :thumbsup:

Gazza
19-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting Touchy (once) at a Bribie boatramp , a little after some of his initial dramas.
...long time ago , ~6mins. , but very memoriable :wings:

Dignity
21-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Wife tells you to go and get bread and milk and you come back with beer and ice?????

ozy, thought I might apply for a govt grant to study this phenomenum but a google search showed me that it is already been studied and confirmed. I guess I might still apply for the grant using this theory and apply a process of making sure politicians walked through a set number of doors especially after making election promises.