PDA

View Full Version : Rosslyn Bay Fined again

BOMBIE
14-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Once again the Boaties, both locals & tourist in this region are up against it. Last Sunday with the weather brilliant and being School holiday, our only Deepwater access, Rosslyn Bay Harbour(RBH) with just
175 Car trailer parks was overflowing, not only was the Parks full but Vince Jones & Breakwater Drives where both packed on their roadsides.

With this in mind think of the frustration of not only trying to find a Park,with mum and the kids holding the boat, but then when they finally returned to RBH after a lovely day out on our waters only to find a fine for illegal parking !

These local Boaties & Tourist where not out to break the law they where Only out to spend family time & money in this region. I would urge anyone that was issued with a Parking infringement to contact our local Member for Keppel,Mr Bruce Young and state to him where and why you parked where you did ,and if any members of the boating public who may have photos of the overflowing parks please send them to either handsontackle@bigpond.com.au or; thefourkings@bigpond.com ,So they can Send them on the relevant people.

This just once again emphasizes the need for another all tide deepwater access on the Southern end of our Capricorn Coast is well and truly Overdue. So what are locals AND tourist to do ,just get a member of Qld Transport to sit in the Car Park and put NO VACANY sign at the Vince Jones turn off when full & send Mum& Dad & locals back to where they came ,or risk a fine OR fight for what we need !!

tomfisher
16-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't want to be "that guy" but the coppers have to make their marks mate. I know it's BS, I've seen bribie island overflow before too but you take the risk parking where you aren't supposed to even if i there isn't room. Best bet is to keep nagging for more spaces and ramps.

Good luck n tight lines.

BOMBIE
16-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Yep WE are fighting and not letting go !!

johncar
16-01-2013, 05:38 PM
It seems terrible everywhere, for all the boating taxes we pay, we are not being provided equitable facilities. Some things just seem to get worse over time and boat ramps and car/trailer parking are one of them.

odes20
19-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I am 100 % in support of you guys. Its what I call "unethical prosecution of the law" Local Police or the Police Traffic Dept. should be joining you in banging down the door of your politicans as this is a community problem, and I think rather than pit themselves against the community, they should be joining the community to help solve the problem. Just coming in and booking people will just keep fostering a bad community attitude toward the role of law, and police in the community.

Mindless behaviour.

Angryant
19-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Jump on board: http://www.rampitup.net.au/index.html

The more that join and contribute, the stronger the voice becomes.
Angry

odes20
19-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Just registered . Great cause. Thanks for the info

macka17
19-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Just registered . Great cause. Thanks for the info

Damn good idea I will too.
Regarding car parking.

Missus comes with us.
We launch. She goes back home to bed (3 to 5am)
When we coming back in ring her 1\2 hr out. She at ramp with trlr when we pull in.

I've lost wheels, car broken into, and trailer stolen over the yrs.
This is safest way. 9 km from ramp to home.

Macka

odes20
21-01-2013, 07:35 AM
What a fantastic missus Macka! Its a good plan. Im sure a few do that, I havent as yet.

frontflip90
22-05-2013, 06:05 PM
school holidays, great weather, weekend all equals disaster at the boat ramps

mitch_wahoo
23-05-2013, 04:08 PM
The people that should be fined is the dic@&eads that park the cars without trailers in the boat trailer parking spots. Makes me extremely angry when I see a car on its own parked in a car/trailer park.

JEWIENEWIE
23-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I fully agree with ods20, if the coppers backed the boaties in with this one it would put a lot of pressure on them to do something. As long as the vehicle and trailer arnt parked as to cause a dangerous situation or harm to anyone, I feel that this should give whoever is giving out the fines reason to overlook it. A little bit of co-operation can go a long way and create a better community. We just need to find the right person or people who see common sense and have the pull to either get more parking, another adequate deep water access, or not dish out fines as long as the parked car and vehicle is not doing any harm...
JN