PDA

View Full Version : Sold my Tinny Time for upgrade Second hand boat? Or Get one built?

burleygu
13-01-2013, 07:55 PM
I Recently sold my boat Which happened alot sooner then i expected. So now im on the hunt for a new boat, I always originally thought i would get a 6.2 center console hull built and fit it out myself over a period of a few months. Going this path the costs soon add up And will Probably go over budget quite abit with electronics and all the fiddly bits. But in the end you know exactly what you have. I only want to spend around 40-45k And the majority of boats that are for sale second hand generally have 2 strokes or In my opinion have under powered outboards for my preference. Which means If i wanted to keep the boat (which i do for a few years) I would eventually have to repower. So should I settle for something second hand or just commit to getting a hull built? I have approached numerous builders And the prices vary alot. Which is understandable because every product is differnt to another and you get what you pay for. If I was to build a hull so far im looking at a Rebel 6.2cc. As it suits the budget. But I am yet to go and view there boats in person.
Still a few more people to talk to but havnt had the oppurtunity to call during buisness hours yet

What are ya thoughts?

Cheers Tim

Burnsy74
13-01-2013, 08:02 PM
If ur looking at cc look in the US for $45000 you will get an awesome rig.....the only cc I've seen in oz that compares was in QLD and it was a 22 ft savage hull ... It was awesome but it cost around $100000 when I was talking to him...

Escape with LG
13-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Exciting. You will always spend more than you anticipate building your own mate but that is half the fun. As long as you get the bones right the rest can come later.

STUIE63
13-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Have a look at the galeforces Tony does a 6m

burleygu
13-01-2013, 08:28 PM
forgot to mention more looking at aluminium boats. those galeforces are a nice looking rig. but not quite what im looking for

Horse
13-01-2013, 10:07 PM
If you want metal then go down the pathsyou are looking at. If glass was an option I would not be buying locally